Mugen Signal Covers...anyone have close pics?

Does anyone have any good close up pics of the Mugen front signal covers? I know they are no longer made and I wouldn't be nuts about spending $370 on them even if they were, but I am thinking of trying to make my own and just wanted to see them up close for some reference.
Thanks!

Here's Procar's version. They want $1000+ for theirs. :eek:
5576Procar_front_turn_signal_cover_2.JPG

If you can reproduce them, I'll buy a set off you to offset your development costs.

Route KS produces them for significantly less than the procar version, here:

040210_13.jpg

http://www.route-ks.com/03/other.html

18000jpy smoked, 20000jpy in a blue finish.

I would guess people try to avoid making this part in clear, as there is no gasket, and it will fog with even the slightest degree of water, which would then require its removal and cleaning.

I like them too, but it looks like you'll have to tap screws into the signal lights to hold them in. The Mugen/RouteKS/Procar ones use brackets bonded inside.

Does anyone have any good close up pics of the Mugen front signal covers? I know they are no longer made and I wouldn't be nuts about spending $370 on them even if they were, but I am thinking of trying to make my own and just wanted to see them up close for some reference.
Thanks!

I have the Mugen turn signal covers on my X, it really match the contour of the front bumper. It looks very much like the Procar.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00380_resize_resize.JPG
    DSC00380_resize_resize.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 959
I personally dont like that look.

Hey Scorp, Who makes these? Looks like a simple DYI, i'd love to get my hands on the pattern for them.
Thanks.

These are on yahoo Japan right now... if you're interested I can put a bid on them, they're at $38 right now, but the auction has just started. It looks like the posts might stick to the signal covers, rather than require tapping for the screw.

I personally dont like that look.

I can definetly understand looking at it both ways. I agree it somewhat takes some character out of the front end. But if I can replicate a set and just see how it looks, could be something different. I like the setup of that japan yahoo set though, really looks like a simple way to set them up and can be easily removed with no drilling or anything.
Sounds like a good project for this weekend. :wink: I'll keep you guys updated.

might look kinda cool on a black car if they were blacked out..... other than that... it doesn't really do much

Route KS produces them for significantly less than the procar version, here:

040210_13.jpg

http://www.route-ks.com/03/other.html

18000jpy smoked, 20000jpy in a blue finish.

I would guess people try to avoid making this part in clear, as there is no gasket, and it will fog with even the slightest degree of water, which would then require its removal and cleaning.

how much is 18000jpy in US? how can i order these or whats the easiest way? thanks

how much is 18000jpy in US? how can i order these or whats the easiest way? thanks

~150 USD. i usually just move the decimal 2 to the left to get a rough estimate...... too bad the value of the dollar just keeps going down down down
of course, my salary won't ever go up that fast :mad:

My god, how can these possibly be more expensive than $50 is beyond me...
:confused:

The Route-ks one is nothing like the real Mugen signal lens. The real Mugen ones are injection molded whereas the Route-ks ones are just a piece of cut acrylic bent with heat gun.

Henry.

I'm with u, I like them also, but even $50 is too much for a piece of plastic covers

I'm guessing you've never tried to design something from scratch, test it, refine it, produce it, market it, ship it, and support it.

If they could sell a million of them, they'd probably be $9.95. If they can only sell a hundred of them, the economics change quite a bit.

I'm guessing you've never tried to design something from scratch, test it, refine it, produce it, market it, ship it, and support it.

If they could sell a million of them, they'd probably be $9.95. If they can only sell a hundred of them, the economics change quite a bit.
This is the exact issue some have with Procar products. Quality comes at a price, so does exclusitivity of low volume production. You pays your money and make your own decisions. Currently saving up for the mirrors!

regards,

anyone have set of mugen ones that they want to sell?? i'll pay jsut about whatever.

btw, i might sell off my route-ks ones if anyone is interested. never used it...

You got PM!

~150 USD. i usually just move the decimal 2 to the left to get a rough estimate...... too bad the value of the dollar just keeps going down down down
of course, my salary won't ever go up that fast :mad:

147.50 to be exact. Check this link out for all your currency exchange rates.....http://www.xe.com/ :wink:

147.50 to be exact. Check this link out for all your currency exchange rates.....http://www.xe.com/ :wink:

That may be the exact conversion rate, but when you try to spend the money the banks go to great lengths to screw you over; right now its approx 121:1 for JPY/USD, but when I sent a wire in JPY a month ago, with a similar true conversion rate, they used 112:1, and paypal used around 114:1.

On the contrary my friend I have and do!

Plexiglas is not rocket science. :rolleyes:

Back