Mugen parts request

Please excuse me for posting this on a NSX board (I obviously have a NSX as well) but unfortunately there seems to be no more reliable CRX communities around anymore:(:(

I am desperately looking for Mugen parts for my CRX. 10 years ago they were falling from the skies, but now they are difficult to find. In particular I am looking for a genuine Mugen body kit for my 1990. There are tons of nasty "rice mobile" kits out there, but I would prefer the clean lines of the Mugen kit. If anyone here is from Japan, or has a contact in Japan that could help me out I would really appreciate it.

BTW - More then once I have heard people talk about discontinuing the NSX, and coming out with a new model. This talk has been kicked up a notch with the advent of the HSC. For everyone who has wanted this, just remember our deer old NSX will slowly fade away once this happens. I have watched CRXs come and go, and have owned 4 of them. It's very sad these days when most of the people I can talk to about CRXs are 15 years old, and only looking to put triple blade chrome wipers on their cars. Now the everyday kid with a NSX probably will never happen, the parts however will get more and more scarce. I am definitely not looking forward to that:(:(:(

the cyber motor sports kit is the best i have EVER seen, it is based on the mugen kit, but accents the crx much better. Take a look at my website and gallery for variations on it.

Yes and the red one in the gallery is making 620 odd horsepower
as the dyno shows :eek:

ajnsx,

Thanks so much for the info:) I just think I may be a little boring, I have had my car since 1991, it was my car from High School. I have watched the CRX craze come and go, while my car sat in my garage. I haven't driven her in around 8 years, now I'm looking do finally do so work to it. I want to keep it real conservative, there's too many poorly done CRXs in New Jersey. Now when you see one stock, or slightly modified it draws more wows then a highly modified car.

The Erbuni kits seems to be the closest to the Mugen and still be fiberglass, I'll probably go with that one. As for the engine, I will be dropping in a supercharged B18c1, that should be good for about 240hp with excellent reliability. Heck, with that much power it will probably give my 98 NSX a run for it's money :D:D

Thanks again,
John

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c51861978

this is the Mugen replica bumper that you can get from Yahoo auctions Japan. Its fibre glass.

takaotwins888-img600x450-1043137602p1010499.jpg

98000 Yen

But it'll cost a lot to send that.

Oh my god!!! that's it! I want it:D:D I can't view the auction right now because I can't install the language pack without a XP cd. How many of these are available, do they come up a lot? and 98,000 yen is roughly $930.00, when you say it's a lot to ship what exactly do you mean, how much is a lot?? Also, is 98,000 yen the whole kit or just the bumper??

Thank you soooo much for this info :):):)

John

yeah, it's a very close to Mugen, but not exact. The front bumper is the biggest difference. The mugen one uses the JDM markers that curve around the corners (looks real nice) the Erubuni doesn't.

Damn, that too bad about not shipping internationally :(:(

Below is the Erebuni kit (the round fogs are optional) Notice the bumper lights.

Attachments

• crx312f.jpg
    crx312f.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 185
Yeah, the whole thing is 98000 Yen.
I know the seller don't ship abroad, but I'm Japanese and have families and friends there. I just bid and when I win, I get it sent to my address in Tokyo, and get it forwarded to me. Since I have a car import business too, shipping stuff to UK is free for me (just stick them inside cars or containers). But sending large stuff like this to north America by post is very expensive, but if you know someone who has a import business, then just ask to have it in their container. I think if you just sent it, it would cost as much as the goods itself.

hhmmm......Well unfortunately I'm a Server Engineer and don't know anyone in the import/export business.

Let me ask you though, would you be able to send it from UK to North America if I pay you for your troubles. What I could do is give you (up front) the cash for the auction and whatever it would be to send it here from the UK. Of course you can charge me a fee for all your inconviences.

I know that's asking a lot but, I have no other way (that I can think of) for getting this kit.

Thanks,

John

This kit is available every week in the Yahoo auction. So, what we should do is find out the potential cost of sending it (direct from Japan, or from UK).

If the side and rear is the same as Erebumi/WingsWest, then may be getting just the front is more sensible option?

Also, did you know that front head light/bonnet(hood) etc are different on JDM SIR models, so the front bumper will require those modifications.

Well here is what I found out, these appear to be my choices.....

1) King Motor Sports (our USA Mugen distributor) has a front bumper left over from a Mugen kit, that’s all they have though. They are willing to sell it to me for $900.00, I then could buy the Erebuni kit which goes for $700.00 so everything would be $1600.00 plus shipping, but since everything is in the US it won't be that bad at all, and I will have an extra bumper.

2) Another choice is to try to win that replica kit in Japan which would run me roughly $900.00 then figure some way to ship it, which when all is said and done may be a total of $2,000.

3) Now if I could get the front bumper only from Japan, and the rest of the kit from Erubuni, that would be great. King Motor Sports $900.00 for the front bumper is a bit much IMO.

Hhhmmm....I don't know, if I go with the first choice then at least the bumper is a real Mugen piece. I also won't be inconviencing everyone around the world :):)

As far as bumper fitment is concerned, I think they're may be a slight bit of custom work to get it to fit but not much. I know when people change over to JDM headlights and hood they have to also change the bumper. I think the main difference is in the hood and lights. I'm pretty sure the hood on the USDM cars comes down about 1/2 to 1/4 inch more in the center where the latch is. I have the same carbon fiber hood as you do on yours, however mine was made by Fiber Images to fit on a USDM car, so if anything I may need to take a little off the bottom lip to make it line up correctly. I really don't think it will be problem though, if anything I can tackle that when I get there:D:D

The key here for me in the front bumper and wit both options would be getting the true Mugen style, tell me what you think, will shipping be that difficult?

Why not go turbo on your B18C1? Much cheaper, and easier to beat Jackson and Vortech's BHP #'s. I had the Greddy 18G kit on my B18C1 and it was great. The DRAG kit is the way to go though it comes with an external wastegate, and will make monsterous power and all for under $3000.

To tell you the truth I just spit out supercharger, honestly I am looking at both avenues. I'm really looking to keep the reliabilty at 100% I would love to do turbo, but I need to get the engine in the car and see how much room I have to play with. I am a little concerned about front clearence. However, I have no first hand expierence with this swap, so I have to take it one step at a time. It's gonna be fun though:D:D:D

Back