Muffler Tips

Hello, I was thinking about customizing muffler tips is there any one that can enhance a photo?

I was thinking about cutting out NSX on the outside of each tip. Having the letters about 1 to 1 1/2 inches high.

Has any one done anything like that before?

SG

Attachments

• jk_1.jpeg
    jk_1.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 99
I think your tips look great the way they are. In my opinion putting NSX on them makes the car look ricer. But then again, I don't like stickers on cars either. I like to keep things CLEAN.

that would look pretty sweet in my opinion, but...

1. your tips are titanium and they look sweet as is.
2. the only real way to cut out "nsx" in the way i think you want it would be waterjet or laser, which would be very costly and not very possible as most laser or waterjet machines are only designed to cut out of flat stock.
3. it could possibly change the exhaust note slightly.

I'm with Big D on this one. I think the car looks clean as it is. One thing I've yet to see on the NSX is upwards flared tips, sort of flare out with a bit of a slash cut, and swept upwards. Used to see them all the time on BMWs- the guys said they were sort of euro, or DTM style. Could be interesting.

Nick

Isn't that Ti? You probably don't want to mess with it, very few shops know how to work with it. It is also very beautiful the way it is right now.

You can always get these

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nnzw_i4YmKk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nnzw_i4YmKk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes, it is Ti. ARC to be exact. That is my car; he's using my pic :confused:

Thanks Ti, I liked your tips and I didn't say this was my picture I am trying to get idea's about cutting out NSX on that style of tip I would like it to come out about another inch if possible to give more room on the lettering. It was on the only picture I could find with the style that I want. :smile:

I was thinking is there any one here that would be able to answer this.

Could you use a plasma cutter then clean it up with a cut off wheel and then use a flap wheel to finnish it up or something that is very small?????

Thanks for the suggestions!

Why don't you ask someone at comptech or DC sport,both have sold exhaust tips with thier respective logos engraved on them.Engraved,get it:wink:

if you have that many perforation on the tip it will make unpleasant sounds.

Well you could do something like this. I have spoken with a few people in the automotive industry and they said the noise shouldn't be that big of a deal but if the tip doesn't come out far enough it could spoil the paint work on the rear bumber.

So I found this picture with an engravement. Not a bad idea still and maybe use formula red colour code paint to bring it out.

Attachments

• mme_waja_tailpipe_small.jpeg
    mme_waja_tailpipe_small.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 42
Back