Moving to VA

ak

Legendary Member
Hey guys. It is now official that I'll be moving to VA. I am already in VA but living in Corp Apt which i'll have to give up at the end of this month or Feb.

Can you guys recommend an area to live in?(rent) I'd like to keep the cost to $1000 or less if possible(with garage!) My work is in Tysons but Mclean is way too freaking expensive. I was thinking maybe Fairfax or Arlington...

Tysons is located right in Vienna and there are quite a few apartments back behind Springhill Road (parallel to Route 7).

If those are too much, I would check out Fall Church. Right next to Tysons. There are few new developments (or recently renovated) in the area. And it's against traffic when driving to/from work. There are a few huge apt complexes on Route 7 right as you cross from Tysons to Falls Church.

The rental market is pretty soft right now so you should be able to find an efficiency and maybe a 1BR for $1000.

Good luck.

I used to own a condo there, which was right off the Potomac River -2 miles South of Olde Town, Alexandria. I owned a 2 BR condo (that I recently sold last year) and loved the peaceful neighborhood of professionals and older people. Check it out: http://www.belleviewcondo.com/wwwroot/Come%20home%20to%20Belle%20View/come_ho me_to_belle_view.htm

The only problem is that there are no garages. The crime rate is real low there and you are 2 minutes from Old Town and can get on the GW PKWY easily. Look into the rental section of the website and then call around!

OR.... I have a frined who lives in Arlington/Clarendon area with a 4 BR house that he may rent a room. It's in a nice suburb neighborhood with little traffic but easy access to RT 50 and off of Arlington Blvd. Email me and I can contact him to see if he is interested in renting a room.

Good luck!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

[This message has been edited by Biaggi (edited 13 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Biaggi (edited 13 January 2003).]

Biaggi, I appreciate your offer. I was looking around and though it's somewhat far from DC, area around Dullas seems to privide rent around $800-900 so I may look into this first. There are couple of places in Fairfax but I don't know if I want to be bothered with I66 traffic...

Yeah the suburbs has sprawled out passed Dulles airport (Loudon County ~ where AOL and MCI HQ resides). Try Chantilly (west of belt loop) or try inwards like Annandale (inside belt loop) OR another suggestion is I used to live in Bethesda/Chevy Chase MD.

Good luck... Actually, there are several NSXer's living in Mclean, Alexandria, and MD... hopefully they will respond with their help! Try looking at people's avatars on the other posts.... like check out the SouthEast or NorthEast post boards for members up there: http://www.nsxprime.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Southeast+US+Region&number=3&DaysPrune=30&LastLogin=
http://www.nsxprime.com/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Northeast+US+Region&number=2&DaysPrune=30&LastLogin=

Good luck!

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

[This message has been edited by Biaggi (edited 14 January 2003).]

Back