Moving to Indy...need safe apartment for my NSX & I...HELP!!

Hey guys....I just found out about 12 minutes ago that I am moving to Indianapolis because I got a job promotion. What I need is to find an apartment to move into but it has to be 'NSX-friendly'. If anyone on here could please help me out in finding a place that is nice and safe, and hopefully has enclosed garage parking, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it may be sad, but the first thing I thought about was that wherever we move it has to be a place where my NSX would be safe. Any help is appreciated. :)

Meeyatch1 said:
Hey guys....I just found out about 12 minutes ago that I am moving to Indianapolis because I got a job promotion. What I need is to find an apartment to move into but it has to be 'NSX-friendly'. If anyone on here could please help me out in finding a place that is nice and safe, and hopefully has enclosed garage parking, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it may be sad, but the first thing I thought about was that wherever we move it has to be a place where my NSX would be safe. Any help is appreciated. :)

Great to hear you're coming our way!! Let me know where you'll be working, (Northside, Southside, etc.) & I'll be glad to help you find a place.

First, congratulations on the new job. Hope it works out the way you want.

Second .. apartments … Been a while for me since I was in that market so my information is old. Plus you’ll need room for your double stuffed Oreo’s as I recall, not just a garage …

Anyway, in my opinion (to be read as not to infuriate anyone living in the city as I do live in Carmel), I would sick to locations no more than a few miles inside of 465 and all outside. The exceptions would be the West side near Lafayette Square Mall. I’d pretty much stay away from that area. Also, downtown is a growing area, but I think that’s pretty much up scale living. Also the Broadripple area (around 65th street & College) is a happening younger set kind of area. Also, note the Castleton area is a bear during the Christmas months. Again, this only my opinion.

Check out the Apartments link on www.indystar.com . I think you will find the search feature there will give you the ability to look for your preferences. And as I said in chat a few weeks back when you first mentioned this possibility, I’d be happy to assist. Just PM me if you need anything.

You can keep your white nsx up by me, I'll put some miles on it for you. I can fit three in my garage! :biggrin:

comquat1 said:
You can keep your white nsx up by me, I'll put some miles on it for you. I can fit three in my garage! :biggrin:

HAHA!! Thanks....you are a real team player. :D

jonas1jp said:
Great to hear you're coming our way!! Let me know where you'll be working, (Northside, Southside, etc.) & I'll be glad to help you find a place.

Oddly enough...I will be working in Crawfordsville, but living in Indy. There is no way I would live in a town as small as Crawfordsville, it is just not my thing since I like being near larger cities and being close to Indy will help my wife find a job as well. We are looking to be on the north side of Indy just so I can hop on the highway and go easier. There is a place called Amli Riverbend that is near Allisonville and I-465 that looks promising. Anyone have experience with them....or anyone know how far Crawfordsville is from the north side of Indy?? Thanks for the help gang. I will be looking to start getting you Indy guys together for some NSX meets now that I am in town. :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Oddly enough...I will be working in Crawfordsville, but living in Indy. There is no way I would live in a town as small as Crawfordsville, it is just not my thing since I like being near larger cities and being close to Indy will help my wife find a job as well. We are looking to be on the north side of Indy just so I can hop on the highway and go easier. There is a place called Amli Riverbend that is near Allisonville and I-465 that looks promising. Anyone have experience with them....or anyone know how far Crawfordsville is from the north side of Indy?? Thanks for the help gang. I will be looking to start getting you Indy guys together for some NSX meets now that I am in town. :D

Ahh ... more information. Map quest puts you commute at 49 miles and 57 minutes. BTW, the north side traffic is some of the worst on 465. While it has some of the most concentrated growth and commuters, its political suicide for Indy politicians to address the traffic issues before addressing others due to the North side perceptions. So your commute would be terrible, trust me. I would highly recommend against it. Riverbend is a very large complex, but it's been around for a while.

Check out something in Avon or Brownsburg. They are practically considered suburbs of Indy and will dramatically reduce your commute in both time and hassle.

whealy said:
Ahh ... more information. Map quest puts you commute at 49 miles and 57 minutes. BTW, the north side traffic is some of the worst on 465. While it has some of the most concentrated growth and commuters, its political suicide for Indy politicians to address the traffic issues before addressing others due to the North side perceptions. So your commute would be terrible, trust me. I would highly recommend against it. Riverbend is a very large complex, but it's been around for a while.

Check out something in Avon or Brownsburg. They are practically considered suburbs of Indy and will dramatically reduce your commute in both time and hassle.

Great point! Brownsburg has some nice apartment communities, check these out & see what you think. Garages and all.............

http://www.forrent.com/search/results.asp?r=666467&browse=true

The west side would be more convenient to Crawfordsville (via I-74) than the north side.

Brownsburg is very convenient to IRP as well as I-74; in fact, I stayed in a hotel in Brownsburg last week when I was helping the FCA out with their track event there...

Thanks for all of the help gang. I am trying to weigh the advantages of every area since one of the factors involved is that Lesley would feel a bit safer staying near some of our family and friends that live down there since she does not know the area very well at all. Either way....it should be fun!! :)

Mitch, have you looked at any of the new developments on the north side of Broad Ripple? I think most are condo/townhouses but it wouldn't surprise me if some people are renting them out. I know they have garages on the ground floor. Here's a site http://www.flockrealty.com/ that may be worth checking if you want to actually be in the downtown area. Sometimes you'll see carriage houses in Lockerbie on there and other stuff that doesn't list anywhere else. You might also try calling them since they seem to be pretty tapped into that market. Butler/Tarkington may be another area worth checking into since its close to Butler University. My neighbor commutes to Crawfordsville so I'm sure its doable if you want to stay closer to the 'big' city. In any case good luck :smile:

Nate

Big_nate said:
...My neighbor commutes to Crawfordsville so I'm sure its doable if you want to stay closer to the 'big' city. In any case good luck :smile:

Nate

What is the fastest way to get there from the Keystone (north side)?? I have not been there yet and want to get an idea of how long it will take in real time, and what roads to take. Thanks a bunch!!

I've got a dusty parkade in Edmonton to store one of those Nsx's for ya!
You could drive up, then fly back.
I'll make sure no one washes it for a year and a half!
tRev

Back