Moving to Del Rio sometime next year.

I'm leaving the East Tennessee contingent of NSXers and heading to Texas for flight school, so I thought I'd say hey and introduce myself.

I sold my first NSX this past April to get ready for flight school and I'm probably going to pick up #2 sometime in the middle or toward the end.

Are there any NSXers in the greater San Antonio area or further west? ( I'm in San Antonio right now on TDY and it's BEAUTIFUL by the way... )

I'm leaving the East Tennessee contingent of NSXers and heading to Texas for flight school, so I thought I'd say hey and introduce myself.

I sold my first NSX this past April to get ready for flight school and I'm probably going to pick up #2 sometime in the middle or toward the end.

Are there any NSXers in the greater San Antonio area or further west? ( I'm in San Antonio right now on TDY and it's BEAUTIFUL by the way... )

There's a good central Texas group in Austin and San Antonio. I'm not too sure about Del Rio, though.

Miner

Is Wilford Hall closing down and moving everything to BAMC on Fort Sam Houston?

BAMC will become the inpatient center. Wilford Hall will either get remodeled or replaced for an outpatient center. The combo of the 2 will be referred to as SAMC (San Antonio Medical Center), with a north campus (BAMC) and a south campus (WHMC or its replacement).

Del Rio is is truely at the edge of civilization.

Best of Luck and do drop by for the Austin/SA GTG's. You will NEED it!:wink:

BAMC will become the inpatient center. Wilford Hall will either get remodeled or replaced for an outpatient center. The combo of the 2 will be referred to as SAMC (San Antonio Medical Center), with a north campus (BAMC) and a south campus (WHMC or its replacement).

Oh I see

Ha I will try! But I doubt I will be able to honestly. I'll check on here to see when they occur and how feasible it might be.

NSXLuvr is speaking the truth. But the benefit of that is you are at the gateway to the south side of the big bend. Desolate, but good roads, including the river road from Presidio to Lajitas (or so). One of the 10 roads that Car and Track (whatever) said are must drives.

Miner

NSXLuvr is speaking the truth. But the benefit of that is you are at the gateway to the south side of the big bend. Desolate, but good roads, including the river road from Presidio to Lajitas (or so). One of the 10 roads that Car and Track (whatever) said are must drives.

Miner

Wow thanks. I'll check it out. Leaving one great road for another ( I'm 40 miles or so from the Tail of the Dragon ).

I just got my dates for when I'll be down there. I'll be at Laughlin AFB by 21 May 10, so here in about 8 months.

Last edited:
Wow thanks. I'll check it out. Leaving one great road for another ( I'm 40 miles or so from the Tail of the Dragon ).

I just got my dates for when I'll be down there. I'll be at Laughlin AFB by 21 May 10, so here in about 8 months.

Cool. I grew up driving the river road during summers. I have never driven it in my NSX but it is a pleasant and challenging road. 1 or 2 of my uncles were killed driving it (probably lit), so there was always a certain amount of caution driving it.

Miner

Back