MOVIE REVIEW.........

Saw the ring, and while I have heard some gripes about it, I found it to be a pretty good spook flick, creepy. A bit contrived at times, but well done for the most part.

Any time you have creepy kids playing creepy parts it seems to work well in the scare department
smile.gif

ditto on the ring. pretty well done. some good twists in the plot. i think i would have changed a few things. probably the best true scary movie ive seen in the past decade(besides reruns of the shining/exorcist) you go home and make your wife answer the phone.

also saw 'ghost ship'. Now this one is not particularly good. really needed a different plot imo. with all the folklore to draw upon and the mystery surrounding the sea, it is really unfortunate that they didnt have a different script. First off, i dont think i would have set the ghostship as a 60's vintage. An earlier vintage would have added more. Why not a turn of the century luxoliner?? One of the cool things about the shining was that the ghosts went back to the turn of the century.

If you want me to go on and spoil the plots, let me know...

Jackass-
Probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time....at the same time though there were a few disturbing scenes (Papercuts...ouch) (but I loved them). Excellent movie, even better if you go a little faded, but anyway, I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who liked the TV show.
I saw it 2 times in 2 days by the way.

Originally posted by Syonara:
Jackass-
Probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.... even better if you go a little faded.
Been hitting the trees huh
wink.gif

David
ps will try that myself

The ring is pretty damn scary! Supposedly the Japanese original one is even more scary...I might have to go rent it sometimes. It's good if you want to scare your wife/girlfriend's pants off.
smile.gif

Originally posted by ak:
The ring is pretty damn scary! It's good if you want to scare your wife/girlfriend's pants off.
smile.gif
scare your wifes panties off...hmm sounds like a plan
wink.gif

Jackass is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. My friend and I nearly lost our voices by the end of the movie from laughing so hard.

------------------
Tim Meekins
1997 Yellow NSX-T
http://tmeekins.com

I just watched the Japanese version and have to say that I thought the American version was better in almost all ways. I had also heard the J-version was much better, but found it disappointing.

Saw the ring last night. Really enjoyed the final 10 minutes or so of the movie. You guys know which part I am talking about.

Some guys in the theater were really spooked by the movie.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
Saw the ring last night. Really enjoyed the final 10 minutes or so of the movie. You guys know which part I am talking about.

Some guys in the theater were really spooked by the movie.

Ditto....I think I've desensitized my brain to fear after all the horror/suspense films I've pursued for years.(I have the Nightmare on Elm Street Collection as well as the Hellraiser Collection)
I was not moved until the last 10-30 minutes.I felt the entire 1st hour should have moved faster or something or been condensed.Then again I am only one of few who have serious "MOVIE A.D.D."
smile.gif

Overall "It was worth the trip"
smile.gif

JACKASS IS NEXT!!
WWW.MYNSX.COM

diverting the topic slightly, anyone seen the movie "THE TRANSPORTER"???

Anyone else see the preview where he deflects a rocket with a cookie tray? It Looked sick, but it was cut from the final edit!!! Anyone else notice this?

Originally posted by NeoNSX:
diverting the topic slightly, anyone seen the movie "THE TRANSPORTER"???

Anyone else see the preview where he deflects a rocket with a cookie tray? It Looked sick, but it was cut from the final edit!!! Anyone else notice this?

Never saw it but I saw it advertised at the movie theater. WWW.MYNSX.COM

Back