Moved to Killeen, TX. Do TB/clutch at Flatirons Acura,CO or here in TX?

Howdy, I guess that's the appropriate intro for Texas.

I just recently moved down here to Killeen this past weekend, and had a few questions regarding where to take my nsx for timing belt, clutch, and air conditioning work. The car is currently near Boulder, Colorado, and will be worked on at Flatirons Acura by Chris, unless there is some other shop near here that has more credibility. The car is a 91 with roughly 110k miles on it; and recently had the TB done in 2007 at 67k miles. I realize I have ~20k more miles until I absolutely need to change the Tb or clutch, but I figured I should get everything done before I bring it to Texas... its HOT down here.

The other question I have is, who else is around the Fort Hood area?? Wouldn't mind getting together with a few others to figure out the establishments/hangouts, and going to a few Cars and Coffee events (in Houston or Austin?).

Look forward to seeing what your guys advice is, and who else is around.

--Garrett

Garret I'm in Harker Heights. Their is a few more of us totaling 6. I would recommend scott in austin at grand imports to perform your services only. He has done mine alomg with those in Austin. Killeen does not have any specific nsx techs.

Pm me your number ill do the same.
Welcome to the hole....
Thanks
Gil

Last edited:
OMG! Harker Heights. I haven't thought about that place since my time at Ft Hood In the 90's. I got my first and only tattoo at the Dragon Lady in Harker Heights. Not the greatest of places, but I was happy with the result!

Gil,

Hopefully no offense. When I said "not the greatest of places" I was ref: The Dragon Lady and not Harker Heights. LOL I just thought I might want to clarify that! I actually love the area of Central Texas.

Back