Motortrend Article 2015 Acura NSX Prototype (4-Page Scan)

Edit:

zz4OO.jpg

Mirror (PDF):

http://www.mediafire.com/?ae4so2ocz9kwqz2

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the article.

Venting a bit...Who the hell does MT have as their editor these days?

This is the first ever two electric motor fwd that connects to one electric motor rwd that employs titanium connecting rods that will get the mileage of a 4 cylinder. It must be the next generation all electric hybrid!

My favorite part of this article is the * next to all the specs.

Where * = MotorTrend Estimate (aka "total guess") :smile:

I'm wondering if the NSX is going to be built on one of the new Lotus platforms????

I think the use of (3) electric motors is interesting; it has two on the front wheels, similar to the Williams Hybrid system (eg Porsche hybrid), but there is a third driving the rear wheels - curious to see how the transition (if any) is handled. If there is continuous electric drive to all wheels would that make-moot what we typically perceive as performance modifications?

Perhaps the modifications of the future are hop-up electric motors like in R/C cars, and larger or faster-charging batteries, rather than headers or exhaust systems.

you guys are kidding about this thing actually having 3 electric motors right? I'll put money down that it was a MT typo with some rookie journalist.

It will be a "hybrid". Each front wheel will have it's own electric motor. The rear drivetrain will be similar to our current NSX.

If i'm wrong i'll publicly slap myself in the face :)

you guys are kidding about this thing actually having 3 electric motors right? I'll put money down that it was a MT typo with some rookie journalist.

It will be a "hybrid". Each front wheel will have it's own electric motor. The rear drivetrain will be similar to our current NSX.

If i'm wrong i'll publicly slap myself in the face :)

slap yourself please, and post it on youtube. thank you.

Back