Motor Trend March 2006:"Ayrton's Car". V-10?

There is new article that talks about the NSX and how Ayrton Senna input went into the building of the original NSX.

It talks about a V-10 platform: " Honda has stopped building the NSX.A new car is coming for 2008. it'll be faster,with V-10 power- and improved, no doubt.But it won't be Aryton's car.The Mozart will be on the stereo."

I hope that Motor Trend is right and that the next nsx will be a V-10! Now if we can just have SH-AWD....

hoops7k said:
There is new article that talks about the NSX and how Ayrton Senna input went into the building of the original NSX.

It talks about a V-10 platform: " Honda has stopped building the NSX.A new car is coming for 2008. it'll be faster,with V-10 power- and improved, no doubt.But it won't be Aryton's car.The Mozart will be on the stereo."

I hope that Motor Trend is right and that the next nsx will be a V-10! Now if we can just have SH-AWD....

Honda announced a long time ago the next car was going to be a v10.

Given that Honda's AWD system, like every other Honda undertaking, is superior to any system yet devised, it would without a doubt improve the future NSX. It'd also reinforce the lable of a supercar from a traditional manufacturer, which has always been the arguement downplaying the NSX's status.

Audi's proved that AWD was far superior in motorsports years ago, and that doesn't change today. V10 coupled to AWD....built by Honda...look out.

But it won't be Aryton's car.The Mozart will be on the stereo."

I don't like that phrase. Makes it sound like it will be watered down and not the true sports car it is today. It shouldn't become what the RL is to the Legend. If that's true then name it something different than "NSX". I personally don't want a sports coupe in the M-6,SL, genre. Nothing wrong with those cars, would just like the next NSX from Acura to be a Ferrari killer.

Wouldn't it be better if the performance straight line matched the Z06. So we can all stop hearing about how the z06 is a better car overall in value and performance.

One less irritation to the ear.

Stick-e-rice said:
Wouldn't it be better if the performance straight line matched the Z06. So we can all stop hearing about how the z06 is a better car overall in value and performance.

One less irritation to the ear.

I have a feeling even with a V10 the next gen car will not match the Z06 in a straigh line. I wish it did, but I wouldn't count on it.

To add to our misery, GM has said in the latest AUTOMOTIVE NEWS that they are working on a vette that will be even faster than the Z06. The reason is that every Z06 is selling fast.

Aryton Senna's influence is something albiet magical about the NSX. It is a shame he won't be able to have input on the next generation, but not much we can do about that.

I also hope there is no AWD format. It is added weight and unneeded. There are plenty of MR cars without junk like AWD, more without than with. On a high-horsepower FR setups like Audi's, it is much more beneficial.

if the NSX succesor was to carry honda's "SH-AWD" technology, (the power transfers from wheel to wheel depending steering position and acceleration)
it would just be the rear wheels,... "SH-MR" (my guess) AWD would just take the exotic-ness and formula 1 image away. so let just hope.

it would corner like non other, like "on rails". equiped w/ a V10, lightweight. i can't wait, better save my pennies.:biggrin:

Back