Most expensive wheel/tire combo?

While waiting for some service on my wife's car, I checked out a new Cadillac CTS on display. It had chrome 22" wheels and tires with a sticker add-on price of just under $10,000! Is this a record (rip-off)?

I would never pay that much for wheels. You rarely recoup the costs for those kinds of cosmetic upgrades. It would have to be an emotional buy from someone that had $$$ to burn.

Also, having owned a couple of GM vehicles, if I were to purchase another one I would save the money for the inevitable repairs than spend it on wheels.

Just my $0.02.

the most expensive wheel prices are imo always the dealers.You can do better from the manufacturer or a wheel,vender.As an example ask your dealer to price oem blades nsx wheels,w/o discounts and you will be amazed.

I think a set of Davins, the spinning wheels, which is the current fab among "ballas", or "playas"
smile.gif
are in the neighborhood of that price range. I think Davins are made by HRE also.

We have 305/35/26 inch Kuhmos on the way that sell for $1125.00 for the tire only. One dealer I sold them to supposedly charged his cust $2500.00 each (ouch!) That is for tire only no wheel!!!
Where some people get the money to spend $2500.00 per tire without even shopping around I will never know? At least I have the ease to know that here at the rack we always are as fair as possible. As for some car dealers????????? who knows.
Aaron

Back