Most expensive NSX in existence?

I want one to.

its a thing of beauty

I would put 200 miles on it a day.

pure joy.

Can I assume correctly that no type R's made it to the US? :confused:

Not one. They could not pass NHSTA and DOT crash/safety tests, and there were none made in LHD. Some people of very significant means have tried to import (legitimately) over the years, but even then it was not possible because the car could not be titled and registered in the US.

The only method I have seen even work at all is the gray market RHD scammer route, where you pay some low life with a state license to commit title fraud. Maybe you'll get your fraudulent title, but chances are he'll just keep your money and you end up with a very expensive lawn ornament.

I always wondered however if, with enough $$$, you could send your 1991-1994 coupe back to Honda and have them "refresh" it into a real NSX-R. After all, real NSX-R's start out as plain old coupes. Maybe that's the way to go, since the car can be registered and titled as a USDM NSX, but you get a real NSX-R built by Honda with OEM parts?

I always wondered however if, with enough $$$, you could send your 1991-1994 coupe back to Honda and have them "refresh" it into a real NSX-R. After all, real NSX-R's start out as plain old coupes. Maybe that's the way to go, since the car can be registered and titled as a USDM NSX, but you get a real NSX-R built by Honda with OEM parts?

I was thinking about the same thing, especially that the refresh only costs $45k.

They won't refresh it to a Type R. Someone asked when we did the tour of the factory at the 20th anniversary Fiesta in Japan in 2010

I think Spoon is the only company that will use real type-R parts to do it, but I never heard of anyone doing it.

Like anything in life you can ask what you want, but the selling price may be
something completely else. There are many examples in the for sale section of Prime where sellers just list their cars with unrealstic prices to see if someone will nibble or if they are serious sellers to eventually seriously reduce the price to make a sale.

Import a type r to Canada, drive it here. Get dealer plates, there is your legit car lol

Did anyone notice the wheels are not white and they are not the OEM U.S. silver?

Hi,

Did anyone notice the wheels are not white and they are not the OEM U.S. silver?

There is another OEM color for NSX-R wheels... it's a gunmetal one, and i don't know it's color code...

i think it looks better than pure black and that is why i will paint my 02+ ones in Magnum gray (Senninha and synergy004 car color)

Nuno

hmmmm Could you import the type r and just use it as a track car only? Tow to the track and tow back home.

Link below is price for services Honda offers in the NSX refresh plan.

Still can't get a straight answer on this: Is the refresh program currently available? That page says prices are from 2011.

Back