More NYC advice sought

Is it feasable to arrive at JFK in the early morning (approx 7 am), rent a car, and travel to Boston for lunch, then make it back to NYC by the late afternoon ? BTW, if you want to meet a So-Cal NSXer, P.M. me and maybe we can meet for coffee or drinks this weekend ?

Are you traveling on a weekday or weekend? How late in the afternoon do want to make it back to the city? If you are landing at 7 and need to pick up luggage and then rent a car, plan on getting out of the airport closer to 8:30. If a weekend, you could probably get to Boston in around 3 1/2 hours depending upon how fast you want to drive. Figure the same amount of time to get back to the city but add at least 45 more minutes each way if traveling on a weekday and about an hour each way if traveling on a Friday.

It is feasible but that sure is alot of driving to do in one day. Boston is about 3-4 hours from JFK depending on what part of Boston you are going to.

You can do it, but you won't be staying in Boston for long if you need to make it back by the late afternoon

given that schedule, you are better off taking the Delta's Boston shuttle or US Air. very cheap on the weekends about $100-150/round trip. , it runs about every other hour.

They depart from Marine Air Terminal in LaGuardia. Very easy access and very quick to get thru security. The shuttle is primarily used for Business travellers during the week. The airlines have staggered departures ie top of the hour and the other airline at the half hour mark.

I did took a trip to Boston with my family, it beats spending 4 hours each way driving. The money spent saved so much time and it gave me more quality family time. :biggrin:

you are better off taking the Delta's Boston shuttle or US Air. very cheap on the weekends about $100-150/round trip. , it runs about every other hour.

They depart from Marine Air Terminal in LaGuardia.
Traveling by ground from JFK to LaGuardia to do that is no picnic; it will take time and money.

You're better off flying right from JFK. The commuter affiliates of Delta and American both have non-stops between JFK and BOS, with round trip fares of $117-138 plus tax.

Or, better yet, fly directly to Boston, then fly one way back to LaGuardia on the shuttle if you have business in New York. Many of today's lowest fares are available on a one-way basis so you can often buy separate fares for each leg of your trip and do about as well price-wise as you would with round trips.

Back