Monterey Festival of Speed 5/15-5/17

We will leave thursday morning at 3 and get to monterey in 13 hrs. Its a great drive.

WA members please make a point of introducing yourself to me in Monterey.
My residence in Sequim WA should be finished in August and I would love meet some of you before then.

WA members please make a point of introducing yourself to me in Monterey.
My residence in Sequim WA should be finished in August and I would love meet some of you before then.

Hi Steve
you will be at the festval of speed? I will be arriveing thursday night the 14th. I can pm you my cell or just see you friday in the corral.

Hi Steve
you will be at the festval of speed? I will be arriveing thursday night the 14th. I can pm you my cell or just see you friday in the corral.

I am good with either. Do you have an ETA on Thurs?

Too bad this event is on a weekday or I'd have made a trip up there to hang out and snap some pics. :redface:

Hey moses, I will be driving w/bill :-) he told me that we should take hwy101 down from oregon border. Last time using that road i was 17 years old, 6 people in a beat up ford pinto. I was so dizzy from my grandpa's farts on the twisty road. i didn't enjoy the view much then. :biggrin:
This trip should be fun, i get to drive my car. any advice where to get on 101? and how long? I have to check w/fowler to see if he is ok w/101 too:smile:

Hey moses, I will be driving w/bill :-) he told me that we should take hwy101 down from oregon border. Last time using that road i was 17 years old, 6 people in a beat up ford pinto. I was so dizzy from my grandpa's farts on the twisty road. i didn't enjoy the view much then. :biggrin:
This trip should be fun, i get to drive my car. any advice where to get on 101? and how long? I have to check w/fowler to see if he is ok w/101 too:smile:

you can drive down to portland then jump on hwy 18 south to 101 south. once you get into cali it splits to ca-1 at Leggett which you can then take straight down Monterey. Just take a GPS and enjoy it, especially in you NSX. Have fun.

Arnon, we are leaving 3am thursday, I am going to drive the distance down I-5. It takes 13hours and 10minutes from Woodinville to Monterey Bay, cannery Row. 984 miles. That was last years time, no tickets runnin 9 mph over speed limit the whole time. Let me know if you want to hook up in Oregon, sounds like you might make to Eugene the night before, I should role through there about 9am. I know that is early for you retired guys, but then again you claim to be a Big Dog.:biggrin: Just got to stop peeing on the porch with the puppies:wink:

:tongue: very funny ha ha :-) Bill and I are going the same day you are but leaving here at 5:30am so I guess we may not see you for breakfast. We are going to drive straight to SF area. Bill doesn't want to leave his dog many days in the shelter. No 101 for me either(Bill's order). :frown: Might be able to have late dinner w/ you??!! :smile:

Hey John,

Did Mikaela ever post the pics on some other site? I would love to see her photos of the trip! Hope all is well there. Please tell her the Bay Area Chapter says "hello"!!!

By the way, would love to get a t-shirt or cap that has the "Lynnwood Acura" name on it. I will gladly pay for it!!! My friends and I keep seeing Lynnwood on the WA posts and we chuckle...

Lynn

Hey John,

Did Mikaela ever post the pics on some other site? I would love to see her photos of the trip! Hope all is well there. Please tell her the Bay Area Chapter says "hello"!!!

By the way, would love to get a t-shirt or cap that has the "Lynnwood Acura" name on it. I will gladly pay for it!!! My friends and I keep seeing Lynnwood on the WA posts and we chuckle...

Lynn

Charles (nsxlife) will help you Lynn.

Hi John, Mikaela, nsx#75, and nsxlife!

Thanks for posting the great adventure's pictures! I hope all is well up there and thanks for helping me locate a t-shirt! I am so glad I have an NSX and the people I get to meet are the coolest!!!

You made one girl feel very special down in California! You guys are the best! :wink:

Copy (2) of road trip 2009 274.jpg

Copy (2) of road trip 2009 208.jpg

Copy (2) of road trip 2009 196.jpg

Copy (2) of road trip 2009 194.jpg

Hi Lynn
We have the best time in Monterey. Laguna Seca is incredible along with the surrounding area. I am waiting for the next event. Any reason to drive south and run the car on the track. Hopefully Yolanda will put something together for ALMS. See you guys and gals soon.
THe Fowlers

Last edited:
hey Arnon,
im glad that you like the pictures.
it took me a while to get a good one, but i did it. its hard to take pictures out of the t-top going on the track. you should try it some time. lol. i hope to see you around. :biggrin:

Mikaela

P.S~ i am still trying to figure out how you got those chairs in your trunk with bags for two guys. its a mystery to me.:confused:

Back