• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Modified fuel rail or system for high hp application

Is there any vendor for modified fuel rail or system for high hp application for the nsx?

If not, what are the DIY solutions that members here resort to?

Photos and advice or opinion will be much appreciated.

I have searched to no avail for any off the shelf products.

TIA

578245_3483104328680_1603517830_2643234_647311067_n.jpg

We have something up our sleeves...

its that for an ITB set up?

Large volume Intake Manifold for high HP Turbo applications. It will become available shortly after we perform some testing. Unfortunately, it won't be cheap.

The fuel rails must be modified/replaced to prevent leaning the rear bank out at much above 550WHP. Under the stock fuel line configuration, the front rail drains most of the fuel before it can reach the rear fuel rail, which results in a pressure drop of the rear fuel rail. The result is a leaner-running rear bank.

The solution is to plumb each rail individually, with a LOT more pump than even a standard Walbro. We've setup several NSX's with dual Walbro's, -10AN Feed lines, aftermarket regulator, and a -8AN return line. We've been doing this for a few years now with great results.

We can easily spec a big rail/line kit for anyone who needs one...

What are you aiming to do? Is fuel volume delivery an issue - if so, can you describe a little bit about what you currently have and what you are trying to resolve?

cheers,
-- Chris

Like what Cody said, I hope to prevent leaning at the rear banks. Currently I have oem fuel rail with 750cc rc injectors and aeromotive 340lph fuel pump.

Large volume Intake Manifold for high HP Turbo applications. It will become available shortly after we perform some testing. Unfortunately, it won't be cheap.

The fuel rails must be modified/replaced to prevent leaning the rear bank out at much above 550WHP. Under the stock fuel line configuration, the front rail drains most of the fuel before it can reach the rear fuel rail, which results in a pressure drop of the rear fuel rail. The result is a leaner-running rear bank.

The solution is to plumb each rail individually, with a LOT more pump than even a standard Walbro. We've setup several NSX's with dual Walbro's, -10AN Feed lines, aftermarket regulator, and a -8AN return line. We've been doing this for a few years now with great results.

We can easily spec a big rail/line kit for anyone who needs one...

Cody, will your new system come with bigger throttle body?

Yes, we have ditched the factory NSX throttle body. Obviously we aren't aiming for the "average" customer here, where Traction control and such is being maintained. Most applications will use a 75mm TB, and will be geared toward the built motor, 600+WHP customer.

Back-to-back testing will be performed on our in-house Mustang MD250 to determine the true gains of the intake manifold vs. the stock unit. Testing will take place on the LoveFab Pikes Peak NSX, which uses a heavily fortified block, with stock heads(and valve springs/retainers).

Clean!!

Two Walbros are a tight fit side-by-side and require some grinding of the tank casing(make sure you throroughly clean the tank of gasoline!)

You might be able to "stack" the 044's. In other words, run one low, like the factory pump location, and then offset the other one higher up, with a drop-down pick-up tube. Just thinking aloud...

Ive been doing a lot of surge tank style setups lately at the shop and it's been working great!

Get yourself one Walboro intank feeding a surge tank with about 1.5 liters or more capacity and run an 044 sub merged in the surge tank, the Walboro will keep the tank always full. Also run the engines return back to the surge tank and finally a return from the surge tank to your stock fuel tank. This setup should be good for 600-700 ish.

Bruno
Evolution Inc.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

Ive been doing a lot of surge tank style setups lately at the shop and it's been working great!

Get yourself one Walboro intank feeding a surge tank with about 1.5 liters or more capacity and run an 044 sub merged in the surge tank, the Walboro will keep the tank always full. Also run the engines return back to the surge tank and finally a return from the surge tank to your stock fuel tank. This setup should be good for 600-700 ish.

I'm trying to avoid running a surge tank. They run too hot. plus all the extra plumbing ect.

I've also heard that the walbros don't last long with E85 but the 044's don't seem to mind.

Clean!!

Two Walbros are a tight fit side-by-side and require some grinding of the tank casing(make sure you throroughly clean the tank of gasoline!)

You might be able to "stack" the 044's. In other words, run one low, like the factory pump location, and then offset the other one higher up, with a drop-down pick-up tube. Just thinking aloud...

There's definately no room to stack the O44's I have one at the moment & it barely fits through the access hole.
I'm thinking of either cutting open the tank & fabricate a collector to hold the 2 044s reweld & then drop each pump into the tank individually with only the lines/wires connected to the top cover if that makes sense... or make a dual holder which can rotate on the OEM fuel pump hanger (to allow access into the tank) then drop each fuel pump into the hanger. It'll be tricky but i think it will be possible. I'll post some pics when i figure it out.

Here's mine. Just bought some extrusion & machined it to fit.

Just trying to figure out how to get twin 044 pumps in the tank.

Great looking fuel rail. Do you have extra or could you make more? I would like to buy a set.

Keep in mind the OEM fuel system on the 91-2003 cars has 6 Banjo style fuel fittings before the FPR, for some reason in 04 & 05 the OEM fuel rails elliminated 2 of the Banjo style fillings for straight through o-ring style fittings on the front fuel rail. The banjo style fitting is your biggest restriction to a hi-volume flow of fuel.

You can get rid of three banjo style fittings by using o-ring boss to -6AN fittings at the fuel filter and fuel tank then making new -6 fuel lines to connect the tank to the filter and the filter to the front fuel rail. The OEM fuel rails can be modified to -6AN fittings by drilling out the existing fuel rail fittings and welding in -6AN weld in style fittings. There are three banjo fittings on the older fuel rails two on the front rail and one on the rear rail. Removing these Banjo style fittings and replacing them with straight through -6AN style fittings should resolve most fuel issues for guys staying under 600hp.

For guys needing more than that the OEM fuel rails could still be used but the crossover line should be elliminated and a duel feed system should be used, the end of each fuel rail will need to be drilled and -6AN or -8AN weld in style fittings will need to be installed at both ends of each rail and the OEM fitting locations welded closed. The OEM Fuel filter should be replaced with a -8 straight through design as well.

All of these changes will add to a higher volume of fuel being moved through the system, so the FPR and return lines should also be changed to avoid the OEM FPR from being overwhelmed.

I have not used this stuff yet but Vibrant makes a low heat aluminum welding stick that can weld two pieces of aluminum together with a propane torch instead of having to TIG weld. It looks like it can be a big help to the DIY fabricators that do not know how to TIG weld aluminum.

http://www.vibrantperformance.com/mailings/20120423/landing_page.php

Hope this helps

Dave

Back