Modern Marvels Hist chann "sports cars"

I wasted an hour of my life today (could have taken some sleepy time). The show started out with the history of sports cars and mentioned every car that had an affect on the market, cars like miata, the old z, viper, corvette, F cars and P cars but no X. The one car that changed the way all modern exotics are built.:mad:
Oh well Its on again tonight at 7pm eastern time if anyone wants to see NO NSX.

I watched it too.. well the last 1/2. It was lame. I don't think the miata was responsible for brining back the sports car market.

No mention at all of the NSX. LAME. And that narrator sounded like some country hick.

I thought it was funny when they were talking about ferrari almost all they showed were clips of them spinning out on the track. Hah!

The Mclaren F1 was on yesterday at lunch. That was SWEET!

I saw the show with the Mclaren on it also, I forget which show, might have been called boys toys.

I love that Mclaren! I would really like to see a good comparison on the fastest production cars ever. I would like to see the F1, Murcielago, Enzo, 427 Cobra, F40, Ford GT, Viper, Porsche GT2 etc compared to crown the fastest production car ever. There were some late 60's muscle cars that were very quick also.

Matter of fact, I'd like to run the test myself:D

hlweyl said:
I would really like to see a good comparison on the fastest production cars ever. I would like to see the F1, Murcielago, Enzo, 427 Cobra, F40, Ford GT, Viper, Porsche GT2 etc compared to crown the fastest production car ever.
Did anyone see the new Car and Driver, comparing the Ford GT, Enzo and Porsche GT3? They ran them at Gingerman and the GT was just a few seconds off the pace.

I just got my January 2004 issue of Car & Driver today. It was the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale not the Enzo, and the Ford GT is a couple of seconds _ahead_ of the pace:

Gingerman Raceway Lap times

Ford GT: 1:32.13
Porsche GT3: 1:34.15
Ferrari Challenge Stradale 1:34.19

Is that just me??

When I read that article, I found out that I was drooling all over the Blue Ferrari Challenge Stradale, the color, (well, probably good photographer with perfect weather...) makes it the Sexiest 360 ever...

Back