model spec and yr is this bimmer?

toyM1.gif

looks like a old ferrari

------------------
the art of chasing down my friend's white 3000gt at com. ave

The M1 is a very exclusive auto with about 400 made. I believe it had 276 hp and shared the same engine with the 635CSi.

Never seen one on the road.

[This message has been edited by wctsao (edited 07 October 2002).]

I used to see a white M1 (not MR2 replica) in San Francisco during 1983. It belonged to a tire shop owner on Franklin & Pine. He used to drive the M1 very often and park it on liftstand when he is in his office. My dad drives BMW 528e and he changed a set of BBS rims and body kit from that shop. He checked out his M1 while waiting. I was 11 at time and I only get to see it when we drive by. It is a small car, but I love it.

Originally posted by wctsao:
The M1 is a very exclusive auto with about 400 made. I believe it had 276 hp and shared the same engine with the 635CSi.

Never seen one on the road.
I've seen them at track events. I think its the first "M" car, and has kept its value, mainly due to its relative rarity.

On paper, car lines up nicely with an NSX -- mid-engine, rear-drive 2-seat coupe with similar power/weight ratios.

Motor is a 3.5L 24-valve I-6 with 277 hp and 239 ft-lb of torque. See more info at http://www.bmwworld.com/models/vintage/m1.htm

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 23 October 2002).]

Back