Mitsubishi ranks as 'most toxic' vehicle in study of new cars

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...ks-as-most-toxic-vehicle-in-study-of-new-cars

The car's interior was found to contain bromine and antimony-based flame retardants in the seating and center console, chromium treated leather, and seats containing large amounts of lead. Who’s up for a road trip now?................On the other end of the spectrum, the 2012 Honda Civic ranked as the "least toxic" model with an interior (including fabrics and trim) that’s completely devoid of both bromine-based flame retardants and PVC. It also has “low levels of heavy metals and other metal allergens.” The 2011 Toyota Prius and 2011 Honda CR-Z ranked as Nos. 2 and 3 on teh least toxic side of the ledger.
Overall, Ecology Center has rated Honda as the top automaker with respect to healthy car interiors every year since 2007......

Did Honda(Latest models) also rank "least enjoyable" car to drive? That is some trivia info though, I never really thought about the material of my car other than I guess luxury stand point. I did hear recently that you should roll your windows down or air out your car for a minute or 2 before kicking the AC on if it has been sitting in the heat for a while.

That's why I get high when I sitting in a new car :biggrin:

I had VR-4 twice during college time, and won't get Mistubishi in the future.

"Toxic cars" ?? Oh my, this country really makes me laugh sometimes .....

Oscar

Back