Misrepresented NSX for sale! JH4NA1159PT000511

:frown: I sought to purchase this NSX in good merit of his honesty and integrity, he mentioned "garage queen, flawless, no accidents, add reads "1993 NSX is in superior condition". even considered disregarding a Pre Purchase inspection. I find this out about the car after i run a history report. I guess this explains the painted rear bumper and missing moldings inside the hood.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=301

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88692 NSXprime gets discount.

1. New Jersey
Police Report
Woodbridge, NJ
Case #3171-98 Accident Reported
Involving right rear impact
with another motor vehicle

2. Sold at auction
in New York
Listed as
a dealer vehicle
INCONSISTENT ODOMETER READING

I realise this is a used car, nevertheless it would be nice if sellers are upfront about the cars condition. Hope this helps anyone considering buying this car.

Re: Misrepresented NSX for sale!

Yeah no surprise...

If your keen on a good mint shape NSX check out the Red one for sale at www.appleautos.com (Ford dealership).

Saw it online when I was searching for mine and its a 1991 with no mileage and they were asking $29,000 US.

Hope that helps and keep your chin up...the search and wait should be worth it.

Jetpilot

Yeah no surprise...

If your keen on a good mint shape NSX check out the Red one for sale at www.appleautos.com (Ford dealership).

Saw it online when I was searching for mine and its a 1991 with no mileage and they were asking $29,000 US.

Hope that helps and keep your chin up...the search and wait should be worth it.

Jetpilot

Thanks bro,

I spoke i spoke with the manager regarding this 91 he was honest and said it had previous salvage history from Pennsylvania. I am currently searching here, autotrader, cars.com ebaymotors.

The guys selling that NSX owns a Chinses resturant. Maybe you should go in there with a dead mouse and leave it in the bathroom. That'll show him not to misrepresent a car on Prime. :biggrin:

The advertisement never mentioned that the car was accident free. Therefore, let the buyer beware. However, an honest seller would state that the car was in an accident. Good thing you ran a report on the car. Good luck in your search.

The advertisement never mentioned that the car was accident free. Therefore, let the buyer beware. However, an honest seller would state that the car was in an accident. Good thing you ran a report on the car. Good luck in your search.

During our conversation I asked several times if it was in an accident, His response was no and a ""supperior condition" car IMHO leads a myself to believe its accident free and odometer untouched.

Sorry mate I didn't call on that 1991...yikes salvage title hey?

Keep searching and I'm sure you'll find something.

Jetpilot

During our conversation I asked several times if it was in an accident, His response was no and a ""supperior condition" car IMHO leads a myself to believe its accident free and odometer untouched.

In that case, the owner is just plain dishonest. Thanks for posting, at least Prime members will not get swindled by this dishonest seller. :smile:

Unfortunately that does happen. I ran into a similar situation while looking for my car. Found a 91 in Seattle advertised by the original owner...car was told to be FLAWLESS. I kept asking him if it had been in any accidents because the paint on the front end looked brand new (No rock chips). He finally confessed that it had and he faxed me the repair bill upon my insistance. 8K worth of body work had been done...CarFax was clean.

Back