Mileage--I Want Opinions

looking for a 93 or 94 as daily driver. i do 6k to 8k a year.

what is a real world price for a 93 with 45k? 65k? 94 with 45k? 65k?

the asking prices(yes i know it is just asking)seem out of wack with the various pricing books.

avg miles on nsx seems to be low miles relative to market. so a premium for a 8 or 9 year old car with 40k miles doesn't make sense. iow a low mile nsx is nothing special 'cause they are all low miles. otoh 65k or 70k mile, while low for other marques, is high for nsx and it seems like they are less desireable and get punished undeservedly so price wise. why, i am not sure. a nine year old car with 17k miles hasn't been anywhere and has sat alot at various times. i wouldn't want a car like that. not being driven is not good for mechanicals, seals, rubber, etc. a good 4k-6k a year means it is being driven , not sitting, and hopefully being taken care of. seems to me a well documented service history on a 60k car should be a highly desireable car. a 45k car or a 25k car that is 8 or 9 years old still should have had the 60 and 90 service by now due to time. i plan on keeping the car just 2-3 years tops(will need a back seat by then) and looking to not take a large depreciation hit. although i am not scared by a 65k car, it'll have 80k or 85k when i go to sell and i'm afraid i will get punished by the market in terms of saleability.

THANKS to all who respond. i've enjoyed lurking so far.

Steve Kotler
Coral Gables, FL

NSX prices don't vary a whole lot if they're somewhat near average mileage, but they can if they're far from those norms. Average mileage on NSXs tends to be around 5K miles per year. There isn't going to be a whole lot of premium if it has 3K per year or 7K per year - maybe it will be a thousand more or a thousand less, total, but not a huge amount.

There are exceptions, though. A car that has 90-100K or more miles may be worth $3-4K less than one with average miles. And a car that has under 10K miles may be worth $3-4K more than one with average miles.

A '93-94 with 45-65K miles may sell for mid to upper thirties, say $34-38K, but only if it is in excellent condition - meaning, no major flaws, outside or in; five-speed; all maintenance performed (including the timing belt and water pump replacement, which has NOT been done on many of these cars), perfect finish, etc.

Differences in condition will account for a wider variation in market price than differences in mileage.

Originally posted by akydakyx:
seems to me a well documented service history on a 60k car should be a highly desireable car. a 45k car or a 25k car that is 8 or 9 years old still should have had the 60 and 90 service by now due to time.

Absolutely true.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
A '93-94 with 45-65K miles may sell for mid to upper thirties, say $34-38K, but only if it is in excellent condition - meaning, no major flaws, outside or in; five-speed; all maintenance performed (including the timing belt and water pump replacement, which has NOT been done on many of these cars), perfect finish, etc.
B]

FWIW, I think this is true but a bit on the low side for my area (Southeast). I looked for several years, was completely set on a '94, and finally found what I was looking for (white/black 5 speed). It was very well maintained (minor wheel scrape, minor stone chips with an honest original owner), and I payed just under $40k for it.

YMMV, but I am exceptionally happy with my purchase when compared to other options I was considering at the time (97-98 Supra TT, '02 BMW 330Ci, 03 CL-S 6spd, 350Z). I doubt it will ever leave my possesion.

Welcome to the forum!

Originally posted by Markbert:
FWIW, I think this is true but a bit on the low side for my area (Southeast).

I could be on the low side by a grand or two; if so, that's probably the case for most of the country, not just the Southeast.

Back