• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Mike phan (nxtimee)

I've been trying to hold off on this on this thread hoping he would get back in touch with me to correct the issues at hand.

I already realize I should have checked the car out myself, or had someone I trusted take a look... please reserve your comments about could have, should have, would have.. Thanks.

Back in July, I purchased from him a '92, knowing it was somewhat of a project car. He told me in writing (email) that the car (exterior and interior) were taken apart for a full repaint to Imola orange. He wanted to sell it to me as is with all the goodies on it, but interior and some exterior still dissassembled because he "did not have time to finish it". He mentioned that only 'some' interior pieces needed to be put together and it would be good to go.

The car finally came to me in August 2010. It arrived with the interior practically completely stripped. Missing fender liners, stripped trunk, no weather stripping. He had specifically said he would buy some weather stripping to send with the car. Alas, I got nothing.

To top it off, when the trucker took off after dropping off my car, I found that the clutch was fried to hell and was undriveable. We later decided it was probably the trucker that messed it up while moving it on and off the truck, as he did mention picking up several other vehicles... however at the time of drop off, there was no way the clutch could have held to get on the truck. Mike, to try to help me out, offered up some wheels, since the car came with a set of 3 wheels and a donut.. This was in october. This was also the last time I spoke to him.

Since August, my car has been in the shop... for the clutch and for the entire car to be reassembled. As already mentioned, the weather stripping was not present, as well as turn signals, headlight harnesses, headlights, some brake light sockets, various door pieces for the locking mechanism, door handles, panels for behind the seats, and fender liners were all absent from the "Everything" he promised me. Conveniently, whe ceased communications with me prior to me finding out allllll the stuff I am/was missing.

Other primers vouched for him being an upstanding guy and that if he says it's there, it's there. I wanted to believe them, and I gave him a long time to resolve this situation.. but he has since changed his phone number and stopped replying to my emails.

If you still feel he is a 'good guy', I do question your beliefs. I am a pretty trusting person and I try to see the good in everyone. But I'm done waiting for him.

This is just a.. "Warning", if you will.

Good day.

-Spencer

Back