Michigan NSX - help for a prospective owner please?

Hello all,

I'm in a market for a 91-94 NSX. I've found one that I'm tempted to buy in Michigan, and I wanted to see if any of you have any opinions about it:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Also, there's a couple of old threads on shops around Detroit that can do an inspection on an NSX. The one place people liked seems to have closed, so I was wondering where you bring in your car for maintenance these days.

Thanks for the help!

The photos look nice and the mileage is very low! Although they seem to call it the 100,000 mile service I would make sure that they are referring to the timing belt/water pump/etc.

For the past several years, I've been exclusively using Jeffrey Acura in Roseville, MI for all of my Acuras including my NSX. The service managers and mechanics there are among the best.

The only problem is that Roseville it would be quite a drive from Lincoln Park.

I have not been too impressed with Acura of Troy from my dealings in the past and the Suburban group has been absolutely atrocious with our Infiniti.

Perhaps you could also cross post this in the Midwest section as there are quite a few NSX owners in SE Michigan.

Last edited:
The ad sure reads like the car could be a good one to buy, interesting how it spent some time in Florida (vacation home?) but the last entry in the Carfax report was a New York inspection in February 2011.
By all means do post this in the Midwest section!

Brian

looks good,

I saw in one of the pics the front bumper didnt look aligned on the passengerside but that could be the flash on the camera.

good luck.

Mike Michalik @ Suburban Acura has extensive NSX experience -- only guy in greater Detroit area I will let touch my /94 with 31,500 miles. In fact, when I bought it approx 2 years ago, I flew Mike out to Phoenix to do the PPI. PM me if you want further info.

Best,
Jeff

Anyone notice how the ad says the car is 16 years old? This car must have been for sale for 5 years - where did it come from? I'd have to check on that! It always makes me wonder why a car would be advertised like that? Very curious.

Makes me wonder what the service consisted of? No list of maintenance - 100,000 mile - most do a 60k service for cars of "age"? Something about this makes me wonder.

Back