Mercedes Street Legal Racer

Number9

Local Hummer dealer has a MB C1000 (circa 94). Silver, right-hand drive turbo charged engine. Nose looked a little like a Zonda, particularly the headlights. Anyone know anything about the car?

They're asking $1.5M. Worth a look for those of you in the Silicon Valley, located at Saratoga/Stevens Creek.

Originally posted by Number9:
Local Hummer dealer has a MB C1000 (circa 94). Silver, right-hand drive turbo charged engine. Nose looked a little like a Zonda, particularly the headlights. Anyone know anything about the car?

They're asking $1.5M. Worth a look for those of you in the Silicon Valley, located at Saratoga/Stevens Creek.

Looks wicked
i-1.JPG

i-2.JPG

Back end is hideous.
i-4.JPG

The manufacturers of the Lotec C1000 are Lotec and… Mercedes! The German carmanufacturer has put it's technology, like the engine, in the Lotec C1000.

That engine is a V8, turbocharged by Mercedes. It drives the rear wheels. The displacement of the engine is 5500 cc. The transmission is 5-speed manual. The power of the engine is impressing: 854 BHP @ 6000 rpm! That comes allong with 155 BHP per liter! That's high, for example: the Porsche 911 has got 144 BHP per liter.

With a weigth of only 1080 kg, the C1000 can sprint from 0 to 100 km-ph/60 mph in 3,1 seconds.

The topspeed is 374,4 (!) km-ph/234 (!) mph.

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 08 February 2003).]

Thanks for the pix, Len. BTW, that looks like the exact same specimen, including the background Viper! They had the doors and rear section propped up so I didn't get a good look at the rear - agreed that from the photos, it looks much better from the front.

Originally posted by Number9:
Thanks for the pix, Len. BTW, that looks like the exact same specimen, including the background Viper! They had the doors and rear section propped up so I didn't get a good look at the rear - agreed that from the photos, it looks much better from the front.
lotec.jpg

No prob. I saw a picture of it from the side and it's not as bad as the vents in the engine cover makes it appear. I could get over the rear end pretty fast.
Silicone Valley has some things there that I will never see in the dealerships here.
Heck I am a star when I pull up in the NSX.
Len

[This message has been edited by len3.8 (edited 08 February 2003).]

Back