Memorable Sunday drive in the NSX

After I finished mowing the lawn yesterday (late afternoon) and took a shower, I decided to take the NSX out for a 35 minute backroads drive to Amherst, MA, for a couple slices of pizza at the ledgendary Antonio's Pizza.

My wife had headed out to Albany, NY earlier in the afternoon to drop off our grandkids (my son's kids) that we had been baby-sitting all weekend... and, she wouldn't be returning until today. So, a nice drive in the NSX on a beautiful late afternoon/evening seemed in order... plus, I was craving a slice or two of Antonio's :tongue:

I go to the center of my little rural town and jumped onto Rt 122, which is a wide-open twisty-turny rural road that runs along the top of the Quabbin Resevour. As I get ready to pull onto Rt 122 , an S2000 goes by a good rate of speed. I chase him down and we fly down the road together for about 4 miles (passed maybe two cars).. then he pulls over into a turn-out... I continue on, figuring he was done or turing around, etc. I went for maybe another 3 or 4 miles at about 80 mph (passed another car or two) and then I look in my rear view mirrror and there's the S2000!! We go for another 3 or 4 miles through the twisties at 80+ (the posted speed limit is 45-55 mph, mostly 55).

At the the end of 122 we both turn left (south) on Rt 202, another similiar road to the one we were just on... lots of up and down, twisties, with a posted speed ranging from 40- 50 mph. We blow past a few cars over a 10-15 mile stretch and he's content to stay at a safe distance behind me...alhough, I was able to pretty easily pull away in several stretchs of straight-away or when passing other cars. About halfway through this strech, after coming around a sharp curve, I come up fast on a vintage Tesstarossa with another Ferrari (308) in front of him... now there four of us tearing down the road, passing everything in sight... it was an awesome drive. ::biggrin:

As I near my turn to go to Amhest, MA... I flash my lights at the Tesstarossa and give a wave to the S2000,... both give me a big thumbs up, as they all continue straight south on Rt 202.

The rest of the drive into Amherst was un-eventful, but fun...as I slowed down to only 20 or so over the speed limit :smile: and enjoyed the best twisties of all thru the hills and following the creek in Shutesbury.

The pizza was, as usual, awesome and with the NSX parked just outside Antonio's on the main drag in Amherst, the NSX got lots of attention from the passers-by. My drive home was also fun... but nothing like the spirited trip coming.... what a great car, and man, aren't those surprise, in control, but fast blast down a great driving road with a few other awesome cars a real thill and a memorable event :biggrin::biggrin:

-Wick

I've done that same route in the NSX, the CL55 and the G500. My S.O. had a son at one of the schools there. Different horses for the same course.

It is always fun to drive whether it is summer or winter.

Lots of Prius. Only fun car I saw was a blue Acura RSX-R (?) that had a Bobby Rahal license plate holder and PA plates. The pilot was a good driver!

I think I encountered only one radar trap but there were many detours in NH due to the terrible flood we had over the last several years. If you are traveling that route and go through small towns keep your speed down!

Enjoy that route

Right hand ryan and my self, we attended a car show in york penn, this past sat aug. 15 2009. I was already on i-81 outh when he cought up tp me. The rest of the way we had a ball driving down to pa. I never had a chance to drive along another nsx before and let me tell you, it was a pleasure and a blast to see a nsx in person on the side. Even tho owning one my slef and having it as a daily driver, is a big reward but you cannot see your self driving it or see any of them out there in this area.

Yeah we were up and down on the speed even tho 81 alway has cunstruction going on but still a great drive in some areas in the mountains. We are planning a drive to alex. Bay once my friend gets his rx7 back. Few cars going so far.

Fully built rx7.
Right hand drive 240 with a jdm swap
98 240 with a jdm swap
2nd gen rx7 with 3rd gen swap
me with my 92 nsx
04 350z built
another 350z
5 honda s2000's
00 turbo civic si ek hatch

we are going to do a photo shoot. Hiring my friend to do it and also getting a nice ride out of it. Anyone would like to go please email me at [email protected] or cell at 315 542 6485. You can also get a photo shoot out of it as well.

Back