• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mechanics Direct in Lowell MA

OK I had to post something on this shop. I was reffered to Mitchell at Mechanics Direct by the forum here. I took my 2005 in for a CTSC install and exhaust system install and was frankly worried about my car at first... I have had bad experiences at shops before and handing over the keys of a brand new 2005 NSX to get ripped apart is unnerving.

Turned out that my CTSC was broken. It took 3 months and many phone calls to get a new one. My exhaust came from Japan with electronic valve control and no english instructions. I had a gruppeM gauge that turned out to be broken. I bought an aftermarket hood that didn't fit my car well.

Here was Mitch, storing my car at no charge in his shop... making phone calls to Comptech everyday... calling Apexi and GruppeM to get my other issues resolved... and not once did he ever complain to me about what were essentialy, not his problems. He did a fantastic job of installation of all the items, and was fair with his pricing to me. He even ate half the cost of the new CTSC that Autorotor would not warranty, which IMO, he did not have to do.

In my many experiences, I have not met too many people that run their business and care about customer service as much as Mitch. He is a total standup guy, and I would recommend him 1000% to anyone.

Mitch, thanks for all the good work on my car.

I have to say that after bringing my car there to have my maintnance done. There are by far the best shop I have ever done business with. My car was half appart when I brought it to them as I was doing a bunch of restoration to the old girl. The day went to pic it up it was pooring and I hate a 3 hour drive ahead of me with no windshield wipers as mine were getting repainted at the time and never thought about the drive back. Stupid me lol. Well he was so kind to go pull them off of his nsx in the show room and let me ship them back to him. Mitch is a great guy. A++

Based on recommendations on Prime and Turbo2go's advice I also recently took my car to Mechanics Direct for timing belt, water pump, ABS service, and valve adjustment. While they had it, Mitch found the front bank cam plugs were leaking and the timing belt tensioner was a little rough so I had them do those too. The work was done quickly and Mitch even came in on a Saturday morning to let me pick it up since that was the only day I could get a ride up. The rates were very reasonable and Mitch put in the Toda timing belt & Neo coolant I brought up with me. I will certainly go back if I ever need something done, which I'm hoping isn't for a long time.

Back