MDX VS PILOT: What is the real difference?

I know they say 265hp to 240. I feel this is a marketing ploy. 0-60 times are the same. What are the actual diff. between the vehicles suspension etc. I know the diff. in looks and trim but what is the real diff. in performance besides the larger wheels. Anyone know the facts?

I test drove both. I chose the MDX and just took delivery of it last night.
I suggest you test drive both and decide if the difference is worth the extra money to you.

I know they say 265hp to 240. I feel this is a marketing ploy.
No marketing ploy, it's engine evolution. The Pilot uses the 1st generation MDX engine which was 240hp. Now does the 25hp make a difference, hhhmmm...... probably just better drivablilty.

IMO I think the Pilot looks better on the outside, more like a truck (or at least a big CRV) rather than a lunar vehicle. However, I like the interior of the MDX way more then the Pilots.

I say MDX:)

I echo the sentiment on the MDX over the Pilot. If you're willing to pay the price, you definitely get a much nicer, more solid vehicle inside and out.

The only reason we opted for the Pilot is that we didn't want to be thinking of our SUV as a luxury car (afterall, this is our snowboarding transport), nor did we want to have another Premium Unleaded vehicle in our collection. Still, the Pilot IS a great SUV...we simply couldn't justify the $10,000 difference.

I bought the MDX because the Pilot didn't exist in '01. Today, I'd buy the Pilot and spend the extra cash on mods for the S2000.
The whole luxury-SUV thing is lost on me, I guess.

Back