mclaren vs bugatti veyron

I can see the posts on F1Prime.....

F1 vs Veyron. Which would you buy?

F1 vs Veyron, a supercharged F1 would smoke a Veyron.

F1 vs Veyron, which one do chicks like better???

Ninous said:
umm veyron would whoop the F1.
You really think so????? Per the article, the F1 has about 37 more horsepower per ton than the Veyron - which accelerates faster only because of four-wheel-drive.

Also the Veyron is WAY TOO HEAVY to be a race car, I would assume the F1 would eat its lunch in the corners... am I wrong on this thinking?

To quote one of the car scribes:

The Veyron: is it the fastest of the ugly cars, or the ugliest of the fast cars?

And to add my $0.02. It is still ugly and has not come close to dethroning the McLaren F1 as the King of the Hill.

Ojas said:
Apparently, one of them has gold wing doors. :eek:

Gold Wing Doors? Like the Honda motorcycle? or Gullwing doors like the Mercedes?:biggrin:

This is a perfect example why horsepower isn't everything!!! I'll take the McLaren over the Bugatti ANYDAY just for the looks instead of power!

The mclaren never was the fastest car ever produced. The Porsche 962 Duer was 0-60 2.6 top 251mph way back in 1994. I would say it even outperforms the heavy quad turbo Veyron.

The McLaren is soo much sexier. The Veyron is like the less pretty sister who is smarter. Overall the better choice, but what you don't really want.

I don't care. I still "just" want a Porsche Carrera GT. Or a Lamborghini Diablo roadster would do just fine. A RUF CTR2 is a good choice too. A Porsche 911 Turbo (997) would be enough for me too. A Mercedes-Benz CLS55AMG would satisfy me. And so on. :D

So many great cars, so little time, so little money :biggrin:

Back