McLaren P1 Hybrid sells out

A friend who part owns a dealership here in socal has told me that he had 17 firm deposits of $300K each by the end of September 2013. Hard to believe but no reason to doubt it.

For years, I've always heard rosy sales-talk from lots of dealerships even when they were, in actuality, sucking wind.:wink:

No Quickie, this is not a salesman or even a sales manager talking, this is the owner who is a long time friend.
No BS at our age, we're both in our 60's:)

What about customer service when you bring the car in to the dealership for a repair? I heard they treat you poorly.

Many of their dealerships are also Ferrari dealers ....... Nuff said !:biggrin:

Whether they wanted to sell 375 or 500 or 750, I find it impressive that 375 people put a deposit of some magnitude on the hybrid McLaren.
Notwithstanding some will not take delivery, and some are speculators, there seems to be lots of interest for hybrid performance.
The local Porsche dealer has sold his allocation of two 918.
All of this bodes well for the new NSX

Nobody give a shit how it gets the job done; it's that it gets the job done and is quick with it. For all the talk of track boys hating on hybrids, this new breed of beasts is turning out to be VERY fast. And expensive.

Back