Maximum power on NA engine

Hey there. This is just a question for those that might have an idea of this. I honestly have no idea on ths subject but I'm just curious as to what some of you well known members might think. What do you think the maximum hp at the wheels is that could be reached by doing everything you could to the engine (still streetable though) but without using nitrous or any form of forced induction. I'm talking about the 4.0L stroker kit with all available mods. That would be one very nice, slick looking, high reving beast I'm sure! Do you think 400hp could be reached at the wheels? Anyways, this is just cause I'm curious and for fun really. Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

This has been discussed already in the past but I don't mind sharing some insight with you. The biggest you can go is 3.8L and this motor is designed by Jon Martin Service Director from Cerritos Acura. Jon and AEM developed this motor together for over a year or two?

From what I know so far the first motor dynoed produced about 331 rwhp with a stock airbox at Autowave. Jon thinks there is room for improvement so when the next batch of 3.8L motors come out we will know more. So until then your gonna have to sit tight and see what the next batch of motors will do.

So far there are 4 people including Jon getting the motor done. Can't wait to see them done and out on the streets. :smile:

By the way 400hp to the wheels probably not going to happen unless you have ITB's and the compression raised really high. These motors are intended to be more powerful but reliable. So think of it as the upgrade that the factory should have done but never did.

Back