Market value 91 w/ 3k miles...

This car is part of a private collection. The car is virtually new. It would need hoses/ belts/tires etc. just from the age of the car. Anyone have an idea what the value of this car might be? Car is #145 and don't have any idea about windows or snap ring.

These cars are so rare it's hard to say that there really is an established market value. As a data point, the last couple I know of changing hands sold for over $40k.

That car would not be in snap ring range. Mine is #441 and snap ring issues didn't well after this. Granted the only sure way is to check the tranny number, but generalizations for the earliest of production numbers can be safely made.

Point of reference, 92's were the hardest hit by the snap ring range transmissions.

Transmissions are not installed sequentially, so there is no precise VIN number that guarantees a non-snap-ring transmission. However, the snap-ring-range transmissions started getting installed beginning somewhere between VIN MT002500 and MT002600. Any '91 NSX with a VIN less than MT002500 was unlikely to have left the factory with a transmission in the snap ring range. However, if its transmission was replaced, it may have been replaced with one in the range. Again, the only way to be sure is to check the transmission number, but this will help you know the odds of finding one.

NSXs produced for other markets (Canada, Europe, etc) have different sequences of VIN numbers; the above only applies to those made for the U.S. market.

As Lud had mentioned, some of the "low mileage" cars have traded hands for over $40k, and one I know of was sold at $50k.

The car is worth whatever you're willing to pay, and whatever the seller is willing to let it go for.

I picked up a brand new '92 2 years ago from my dealer with very low miles. I have no regrets and love the fact that it still has low miles(less than the one you're picking up). Take your time and decide if you want a car in this condition, it's not for everyone.

Good Luck!

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Lucky for me my 92 isn't in the range.
biggrin.gif

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Back