• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

March special! G2 Caliper Paint Kit

hi guys --

We've researched several ways of painting the factory calipers to find the best option for the easiest, most durable, and best looking solution available. We've been very impressed with the results. The result is very close to what we are able to achieve by using a baked on powdercoated finish. The beauty of the brake caliper paint system is that it can be applied directly over the factory finish on the car with out removing the calipers from the car.

We have all the popular colors in stock now. Please see link:

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/G2_Caliper_PaintSystem/

G2-600.jpg

Cheers,
-- Chris

I used this on my calipers and haven't had any issues at all. :biggrin: However, I haven't tracked my car so I don't know how it stands up against extreme temps.

I used this on my calipers and haven't had any issues at all. :biggrin: However, I haven't tracked my car so I don't know how it stands up against extreme temps.

The paint itself once cured is rated to over 900 degrees. If the calipers are properly cleaned and the paint is cured, temp should never be an issue.

Cheers,
-- Chris

I tracked my car with the G2 paint... lasted until the second day. :mad:

If you don't track, works great...

The key is cleaning of the existing caliper. The contaminants under the paint will cause the new paint coat to release. If the caliper is properly prepped, it will easily withstand track temps.

Regards,
-- Chris

I've used the G2 kit from tirerack before on-track on stock NA2 calipers. That's with melting the dust seals on Spec VR pads at PIR which is punishing on brakes to say the least. Held up great for several years and served its purpose.

...Got mine from tirerack at the time for their regular price of just $38 using their easy toll free number and friendly sales staff.

2.jpg

The key is cleaning of the existing caliper. The contaminants under the paint will cause the new paint coat to release. If the caliper is properly prepped, it will easily withstand track temps.

Regards,
-- Chris

I concur.

If I am not mistaken, the G2 is the same as the German brand FoliaTec. The guy/company that was importing/distributing FoliaTec introduced G2 as now their own brand/version. I have the FoliaTec application since 2000 or 2001 and put some 50 track days on them and they are still holding up though the color has faded a bit.

I've used this kit on three cars previously and it was quite durable. The US distributor used to be in Colorado Springs (I drove there to pick it up and the receptionist had to put the kit together) but think they are now in Chicago area. The first set lasted > 3yrs before I sold the car.

Agree with Chris' note to clean the calipers thoroughly. One car I even changed the color (blue over black) and it adhered fine. Don't know about track temp durability.

The four oz kit SB adequate, but there is also a 6 oz engine lacquer kit avail for about $10 more from dist for those that want to do multiple coats (yup, I bought one and had close to two oz leftover...). Also - didn't use their brush, purchased a 69 cent camel hair at Home Depot and cut bristles - MUCH better results.

TB

Hi Chris.

I'm interested in the G2 paint in red or maybe even gold for my NSX.

How fast would these be able to be shipped to WA state if shipped off by Monday? 98204 area code.

Thanks!

Hi Chris.

I'm interested in the G2 paint in red or maybe even gold for my NSX.

How fast would these be able to be shipped to WA state if shipped off by Monday? 98204 area code.

Thanks!

Shipping to Washington is 3 business days.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Back