March 28 - Seventh NSXCA Midwest Region Annual Dinner

We will be hosting the Seventh NSX Club of America Midwest Region Annual Dinner on Saturday, March 28, 2009.

URGENT!!! The location for our dinner on March 28 has CHANGED!!!

The Black Ram has been sold and cannot accommodate us. Instead, our annual dinner will take place at:

petemillerslogo.jpg

Pete Miller's
412 North Milwaukee Avenue (also known as US 45 and IL 21)
Wheeling IL 60090
847-243-3700
www.petemillers.com

Pete Miller's in Wheeling is located about six miles north of the Black Ram.

From the south on the Tri-State Tollway (I-294): Exit at Willow Road and turn left onto Willow westbound. Go 0.8 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (north) on Milwaukee. Go 2.8 miles, and the restaurant will be on the left.

From the north on the Tri-State Tollway (I-94): Exit at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook westbound. Go 1.7 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn left (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

From the western suburbs on I-355 and IL-53: Take IL-53 till it ends at Lake-Cook Road and turn right onto Lake-Cook eastbound. Go 5.1 miles, then take the exit for Milwaukee Avenue / US45 / IL21, and turn right (south) on Milwaukee. Go 0.5 miles, and the restaurant will be on the right.

We will still meet on Saturday March 28 at 6:30 pm for cocktails, and sit down for dinner at about 7:30. Attire is casual to business casual.

The special menu for our dinner appears below. The NSX Club of America will subsidize a portion of the dinner cost for club members and spouses/guests. If you are not yet a member of the NSX Club of America, go to the club website for information on joining.

The cost to club members and their spouses/guests will be $35 per person, which includes tax and tip. It does not include alcoholic beverages, which will be available for purchase from the servers. After dinner, Ken Sax will collect for the dinner; please either have cash (exact bills will be appreciated) or else write down your name, credit card number, and expiration date so that the club can bill your credit card afterwards.

If you are planning to join us, or if you have a change in plans, please send me a private message by Friday, March 20, so that I can keep track of the number of people on the reservation. The club will be responsible for making a headcount guarantee to the restaurant, so if you have told us you are coming but cannot attend, please notify me by March 20 to avoid having to pay for your dinner.

MENU
- This is our serving menu; anyone with dietary restrictions, please let me know in advance.

6:30 Hors D’oeuvre Platters (served during the cocktail hour)

Tomato Bruschetta
Warm Spinach & Artichoke Fondue

7:30 Dinner

Salad: Classic Caesar Salad

Entree: Your server will ask you for your selection of:

- 10 oz. Rib eye Duo encrusted with horseradish
- Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- Chicken Parmesan

Sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Spinach with Applewood Smoked Bacon

Dessert: A slice of both Death by Chocolate and Mascarpone Cheesecake

Coffee and Tea

This is a great time to meet up with old friends, as well as meet new friends, especially at the end of winter when many of us have had our NSX in hibernation. We thank you in advance for your flexibility regarding this change in our plans. Hope to see you there!

keN SaX
Raemarie Talbot
NSX Club of America

P.S. Guess who's coming to dinner?

1-2. Ken and Kathy (nsxtasy)
3-4. Rae and Dave (plumcraezy)
5-6. Steve and Carol (ohiosteve)
7-8. Sean and Stacey (Q)
9-10. Brian and Jill (BrianK)
11-12. Brian and Michelle (RutRX7)
13-14. Bob and Lynda (Bob Kenney)
15-16. Greg and Sue - cancelled
15-16. Ryan and Kristen (BBYJGTC)
17-18. Ryan and guest (brahtw8)
19-20. Kevin and Laurel (F1nALMSfan)
21-22. Andy and Arlene D.
23-24. Randy and Lisa (nsx2tall)
25. Bob D.
26. Bryan H.
27. John V.
28. Bob H.
29-30. John D. and guest
31-32. Lawrence and Denise (96 NSX-T)
33-34. Ajay and spouse (mystican)
35. Frank (Frank Oles)
36. Pawel (Brylek)

Last edited:
WELCOME BACK KEN, WE MISSED YOU!!! :biggrin:

WELCOME BACK KEN, WE MISSED YOU!!! :biggrin:

+1 You didnt think we forgot about you did you:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: If I still lived in the midwest, I'd definately sign up.

I hope they are serving bag-o-douche:tongue: Ken!

The location for our dinner has changed. The first post in this topic has been updated with the revised information.

Hope to see you there!

Hi Ken,

Please put me and Denise down. Sorry for the late notice, but I wasn't sure we would be able to make it until now, Sent you an email last night. Are we going to have special parking like we did at The Ram? I just booked my hotel, which is right down the street.

Thanx,
Lawrence

Last edited:
Gee, I purposely had the suspension on my NSX fixed so I could bring it to dinner, but the weather forecast for Saturday doesn't look at that great. Oh well, looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday at PETE MILLER'S IN WHEELING!

Man...I am sorry I will miss this one. Kids Bday party in Naperville....So close to my house too!!!:redface::mad:

You all have a good time. Please lets have more NSX outtings this spring/summer.

-Val

Gee, I purposely had the suspension on my NSX fixed so I could bring it to dinner, but the weather forecast for Saturday doesn't look at that great. Oh well, looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday at PETE MILLER'S IN WHEELING!

Yea, I am taking the Subaru down, predicting up to 9 inches here in WI on Saturday. Ah spring!...

The weather is a disappointment.

Has any thought been given to rescheduling? Having a lot of NSXs together is a significant part of the event.

I am still planning on coming, but I think we should consider our options for another date.

Perhaps people could respond to this thread if they would like to consider rescheduling.

I don't mean to complain or request a lot of additional work.

I don't want to seem ungrateful and I appreciate all of the work that has gone into this event and would be involved in attempting to reschedule.

Say the word and I will drop the issue or delete this post if it is a problem.

Just cancelled my hotel reservation. Take me and Denise off the dinner reservations also.

Is there a reason why we cannot do this in nice weather like mid April-mid October??? :confused: I have been to 2 of these, I come up from St. Louis, and the weather has sucked both times. This was going to be the 3rd time and you see the forecast :mad:.

C'Mon MAN UP!! Bring your NSX's.

Partly cloudy early then becoming cloudy with periods of light rain later in the day. High 38F. Winds NE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

You will just have to wash them.

Driving the nsx rain or snow. Well if its only a little snow.

Brian

C'Mon MAN UP!! Bring your NSX's.

Partly cloudy early then becoming cloudy with periods of light rain later in the day. High 38F. Winds NE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

You will just have to wash them.

I only had a few hours left until I would be locked into paying for my room, and I asked what was the weather going to be and she said "snow, rain, sleet, and generally shitty". I am not coming 300 miles and take a chance of screwing up my car. Sorry I can't ManUp, so I am going to sensibly PussyOut.

Now back to my original question, WHY can't we have this dinner at a more decent time like mid-April thru mid-October, where the weather will be way more cooperative?????

Last edited:
WHY can't we have this dinner at a more decent time like mid-April thru mid-October, where the weather will be way more cooperative?????
That's exactly what we're doing.

We used to have this dinner in January. We experienced blizzards the day of the dinner, two years in a row, and for this reason we moved it to the end of March. The chances of having snow at the end of March are actually quite small, but they are not zero; the same thing would be true of having it in mid-April. This year, we got unlucky (although it's worth noting that the snow is not forecast to accumulate until after midnight, so it primarily affects those from out of town rather than locals).

The idea behind having it at the end of March is that that is when many of us first take our cars out after their winter hibernation, and it doesn't interfere with other club events and track events scheduled for the warmer time of year, when many of us have other chances to get together.

As for the request to reschedule, it is impossible to reschedule an event like this with only a couple of days notice. Reasons include the plans that many people have made for babysitters, hotels, etc, as well as the contractual commitment with the restaurant for a week notice on our guaranteed headcount. Believe me, it was tough enough to make all the arrangements over again with only three weeks notice, when the Black Ram closed!

Please note that we no longer have the luxury of not paying for no-shows; the flexibility that the Black Ram used to extend is NOT customary in the business. We are responsible for paying for the number of dinners that we committed to the restaurant, excluding those who were able to cancel prior to the March 20 deadline. Maybe we will get lucky and the restaurant will release us from our contractual commitment, but I cannot promise that.

Last edited:
Thanks to all who participated in our dinner last night. It was a lot of fun, and great to see everyone again!

We are responsible for paying for the number of dinners that we committed to the restaurant, excluding those who were able to cancel prior to the March 20 deadline. Maybe we will get lucky and the restaurant will release us from our contractual commitment, but I cannot promise that.
I notified the restaurant of the cancellations earlier in the day, and consequently, they did not charge us for the cancelled portion of our headcount, only for the people who actually dined. Kudos to Pete Miller's for that! They were very flexible and accommodating in all of our arrangements. (We got a great deal on dinner, even before taking into consideration the $20 per person subsidy that the club provided.)

I'd like to post a plug for Pete Miller's, because they were so helpful for our event (and their food was very good indeed). Please keep them in mind when dining out, either on your own or for private events. Their steaks are great, as those who were at dinner will tell you. Their seafood is also excellent; their sea scallops, which I've had on other occasions, are the best I've had in years. Their group consists of six restaurants:

Pete Miller's - steaks and seafood, in Wheeling, Schaumburg, and Evanston
Davis Street Fishmarket - seafood, in Schaumburg and Evanston
Merle's - barbecue, in Evanston

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon!

Last edited:
It was nice to meet some of you. We had a good time and the food was excellent. Thanks again for putting everything together Ken :smile:

AJ & Tina, definately hit us up when you come out to Columbus again :wink:

-kristen & Ryan

Back