Man tries to help Lions find Christ

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6396422/

Man tries to convert lions to Jesus, gets bitten

TAIPEI, Taiwan - A man leaped into a lion’s den at the Taipei Zoo on Wednesday to try to convert the king of beasts to Christianity, but was bitten in the leg for his efforts.

advertisement
“Jesus will save you!” shouted the 46-year-old man at two African lions lounging under a tree a few meters away.

“Come bite me!” he said with both hands raised, television footage showed.

One of the lions, a large male with a shaggy mane, bit the man in his right leg before zoo workers drove it off with water hoses and tranquilizer guns.

Newspapers said that the lions had been fed earlier in the day, otherwise the man might have been more seriously hurt ... or worse.

Video Link ---> http://news.yahoo.com//p/v?u=/reute...53f11a638cc473d0e5e56b864&cid=1050&f=95456193

This behaviour really gives Christianity a bad name. Instead of converting the Lions, he should have been worrying about his own destination - which should have been dinner. :p

"Back in the day", the Romans gave Christians many opportunities to try and convert lions to Christianity. Maybe this guy is feeling a bit nostalgic or something. :p

What a freaking idiot. And what religion was he trying to convert the lions from??

Man, I gotta give the guy props! I would have been crapping bricks all the way to the nearest exit. This is an example of when a self-imposed Bible thumping would have actually been beneficial.

A faint voice is murmurring to me, "Ye shall not tempt the Lord thy God." I'd stay away from this guy's pastor.

NSXLuvr said:
“Jesus will save you!” shouted the 46-year-old man at two African lions lounging under a tree a few meters away.

I wish the lions could speak... it'd be fun to hear them reply: "ok, but who is going to save you ?" :D

Ponyboy said:
A faint voice is murmurring to me, "Ye shall not tempt the Lord thy God." I'd stay away from this guy's pastor.

reminds me also about that old joke which goes like this...

it's about this guy deciding to swim across the ocean on a surf board, and after about a week, a helicopter finds him and tries to rescue the mad man. He refuses to be picked up explaining to his rescuers that if he would be in trouble, Jesus will help him in time. About another week later, he's nowhere near any coast and a ship locates him and attempts to save him. But then again he refuses to get onboard explaining to the crew that if he would be in trouble, Jesus would help him in time. Another week later the poor man ends up dying on his surf board due to dehydration, insolation and starvation. On his way up to the sky he sees his desolate body on that surf and wonders, "Oh Lord, why did you abandon me ?" From the Heavens a voice resonates saying: "I did not abandon you my child... who do you think sent you that helicopter and later that boat ?!" :D

Anyway, I'm sure many other variants of this one exists and thought it was appropriate in this context to share...

Back