Maintenance/Repair Shop in Houston

Hey all you Houston guys--who do you all use for maintenance and repair? Obviously, some things can be DIY, but I wonder what shop/mechanic you take your NSXs to.

Thanks.

For oil change and basic stuff, I bring my car to Sterling McCall Acura. For other things, Stoopid Fast (formerly Autologic) is the place I take my car to.

Cheers .. Gus

bsudiro said:
For oil change and basic stuff, I bring my car to Sterling McCall Acura. For other things, Stoopid Fast (formerly Autologic) is the place I take my car to.
Hi Gus,

Is Brad at Stoopid Fast, or does someone else work on the cars? Is it someone with a lot of experience working on them?

Do you have an address and phone number (or, better yet, a website link) for Stoopid Fast?

Hi Ken,
No .. Brad is not there anymore, he sold his business to Jason (Herrera) and Jason renamed it to Stoopid Fast. Jason used to work for Brad when it was still Autologic. I think he does have some experience with NSX-s.

Another 'old-timer' that works there (I think part time) is Bruce. He used to work for Brad and he used to have an NSX as well.

As for the address :
StoopidFast Tuning & Fabrication
3375 W. 11th St.
Houston, TX 77008

I don't think they have any sites up yet.

Cheers .. Gus

Both of them have knowledge on working with and tuning the NSX. They can and do work on the NSX..like oil changes, brakes, fluid changes your basic stuff. As far as like, recharging your AC unit, you probably should go to the dealer because they do regular maintenance, tune-ups, and modifications. Bruce could tear down an NSX and put it back together since he had once prior.

They installed my supercharger, installed aem, fuel pump, injectors, and tuned it without any issues.

Okay, great. Brad used to do all of my work, but I've had a hard time getting a hold of Jason/Bruce at the "new" store. Will try the new information that was provided.

Please let me know if there are any others--my NSX is my daily driver so I can't really have too much downtime.

Thanks,
Andrew

i don't think i will take my nsx to jason again, just not the same now! if i were you i will take it Carl at sterling mccall acura, they might even hook you up with a loaner so you won't miss work!

That's another point worth discussing. I had always used Sterling McCall for diagnosing the initial problem. If it was a reasonable estimate (~$100), I would go ahead and let them do it. However, anything beyond that, I had Brad/Autologic do the work.

After my last experience and based on recommendations from others, I will not be going back to Sterling McCall. They tried charging me almost $1,700 to replace a throttle body. I ended up fixing the problem myself by buying a $5 bottle of TB cleaner and spending an hour cleaning it. (Another time, a button on my A/C was malfunctioning--they wanted $1,600 to replace the whole unit. For whatever reason, the button works again now. Go figure.)

Long story short, I'm hard pressed to send it back to them given their outrageous prices. The loaner is quite nice, but not worth the blatant disrespect I seem to be getting...

Soooo...any other suggestions besides Sterling McCall and Stoopid Fast?

funny, i always get the best service and treat it very nice over there at sterling. but my car is newer and was under warranty so i guess i never have to deal with all the over price services. all the mod i did on my ride was done by carboy!!

Back