Mag X NSX rumors from vtec.net

The video with Fukui and the Mag-X report are contradicting. Perhaps the Mag-X report has some merit and Fukui is just not ready to talk about the latest development to go to a MR setup.

Who knows, maybe Honda will build both FR and MR sports car. I find Fukui's laughter response intriguing when asked about engine placement. According to Mag-X, a V8 is back on the table for reconsideration. Build the V8 with a even firing 180 degree crank wrapped in a MR package and you got a winner.

The sketch does indeed look like a photoshopped R8, if the next gen NSX's look and conguration come silimar to the current R8 I say Honda screwed up again. By 2010 the R8 is already into the 3rd year of production and if the target price is still $120K to $150K USD this car won't sell as the R8's starting price is only $100K. I sure hope they turn back to the MR platform but the exterior has to be more exotic look than the current R8.

Dude, I used to subscribe to Mag X when I was working for a Honda dealer. They don't have any credible information PERIOD. Everything time they published drawing, disclosed their version of spied information, nothing ever came through. That is why the magazine is one of the cheapest Japanese magazine, printed with "Sho Nian Jump" manga style bindings.

I still remember when they talked about the Prototype S2k back in early 1999, which wasn't even close to the real deal.

Abosloutely no merit.

IMO, the R8 is the next gen NSX. I dont think too many of us would complain if that car had a Honda Badge on it. (though it is too heavy)

IMO, the R8 is the next gen NSX. I dont think too many of us would complain if that car had a Honda Badge on it. (though it is too heavy)

LOL Honda fans complain by nature! It's just not something Honda would have produced look at people posting in the "R8 Don't bother thread". People don't want SHAWD on the NSX replacement. Also being an Audi by definition means it won't be as reliable or durable has most Hondas inately are. Of course it has a V8 so I'm sure that would make some happy , but also it's performance isn't a big enough jump over the NSX to warrant the price if it were badged a Honda. Most people wanted R8 performance back when the 02's came out. People here want another Ferrari fighter which the R8 really isn't.

Back