Macy's Fireworks Pics

Looks great Bailey, I enjoyed the fireworks from my balcony last night but i'm sure your view was much better.

Great Pictures Bailey, not quite up to RSO or Lussos quality, but definitely much better than Tony D could ever hope to get with his inferior equiptment. I have a feeling that he's already ordered a new lens, tripod and body to compete. Bags, I hope that you're reading this thread!!!:biggrin:

Nice Pics Bailey!! It makes me want to be in the city watching it live...maybe next year. :rolleyes:

Nice shots Bailey. Judging by the Empire State Building shot, I would say you are overdue for a sensor cleaning.

Nice shots Bailey. Judging by the Empire State Building shot, I would say you are overdue for a sensor cleaning.

I am way over due for a cleaning but that noise is probably from the high iso setting. I shot a few frames at 1600 that might have been one of them. I am glad you did not take me up on my offer to come down since the building was shut down and I had to tell the guard to turn his back while I slipped thru the gate then walk up 45 stories to the open deck.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the pic and saw the spots ...... should I use a rocket blower or send it out for a cleaning ?

Great pics Bailey. Try the rocket blower then shoot a clear sky at max zoom and wide angle or white wall to determine if you have cleared the sensor. If not send it out for a pro cleaning.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the pic and saw the spots ...... should I use a rocket blower or send it out for a cleaning ?

I will bring my VisibleDust Spinner tomorrow to Lime Rock. That should get most, if not all, of the problem areas. Otherwise, you can always use Eclipse. I never liked using any type of forced air in the sensor.

Back