Mac OS X Panther Parties?

Any Mac users attending a Panther rollout party tonite? :)

We're planning to attend one in Bucks County (Doylestown).

-Jim

I will be celebrating and installing Pather on my

Dual 1.25ghz G4 + 23"HD Display + 19"CRT.

12" Powerbook G4

17" W/S iMac

Long Live Apple.....

F*ck Bill Gates & MickeySoft :D

-Ray

Ray,

Just installed Panther on my new 12" PB.

Sweet!

I had a copy from WWDC but didn't use it all that much. It's really nice.

-Jim

Thanks Jimbo - I just found it on the german apple-site too. Here they want 149 Euro (!!) for a one place license. Is it really worth the bucks? Any incompatibilities with existing programs?

I havent had any compatibility problems yet...... most of my programs that i use are digital video related.

Then again most of those programs are Apple (Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio, etc....)

My EyeTV works perfect.....

I love the new FINDER layout, it is alot easier for me to hit my commonly used folders faster on the side toolbar, and the new EJECT icon next to the optical drives are really usefull. With the little i have played with Expose` It does help manage a very cluttered desktop with multiple open windows..... I usually have both screens cluttered with stuff and i manage those windows a little easier now. Other than that, i havent gotten a chance to check out the other features...... $129.95 seems like a lot to put down for this update, but i have NO PROBLEMS AT ALL SUPPORTING APPLE with MY PURCHASE so that they will continue to bring me the best HARDWARE & SOFTWARE.

And to think for 12 years i was a PC junkie who would never switch to apple, until my friend let me borrow a G4 to create my first DVD. since then i've sold my 4 PC's and never looked back.

-Ray

So far I've installed Panther on my PB 12" and my wife's iBook. No problems so far.

Is it worth it?

Absolutely. I used to rely on Entourage for my mail. I just switched to OS X Mail. It was easy to import old messages and addresses. The new version of Mail really catches most of the spam. That's worth the price of upgrade alone.

Everything works so nicely now. My iCal calendar and address book syncs with my T68i phone and iTunes syncs with my iPod.

With all the other new features like Expose and the new Finder it's well worth the upgrade price.

-Jim

Back