M3 are not warranty for track day events

As I was doing more research on the BMW's SMG, I landed on the BM3W.co.uk (UK based BMW club page). I was surprised what parts are covered by BMW's warranty and what are not covered.

http://www.bm3w.co.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=002704#000008

Shouldn't the 16 month old M3's gearbox be covered by the warranty? Or maybe this only applies for the UK's owners? I wonder is it the short life of the BMW transmission or the track events do shorten the transmission's life.

Sounds like our NSX are much more reliable cars when comparing with the M3 E46 on the track.

M3 E46 is a fairly new car. Many of these cars get engine blown at the first few thousand miles. Is this a quality issue? Will BMW do something about it? The M3 E46 was the next car on my shopping list but looks like I will have to pass it. If anyone here is buying the M3 E46, be sure to option for the extensive warranty, and don't forget to read what is covered and what is not.

Got a 2001 M3, just turned 20K miles, No problems. Clearly, there is a group motors which were weak and these can be identified. The new ones seem to be OK.

Very nice,
Mine is 2001 M3, just turned 5k
smile.gif

------------------
--
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 9k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 4k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 95k miles and running strong :)

Back