Lt. Layne McDowell Letter/Dixie Chicks

Letter to the hometown station in Lubbock Tx.

An open letter while performing in London earylier this week.

You stated that you were ashamed that our President is from your home state. I wonder if you relaized how many Americans would be listing. This American was listening. This Texan is ashamed that you come from my home state. I serve my country as an officer in the United States Navy. Specifically, I fly F-14 Tomcats off carriers around the world, the missions that preserve the very freedom you claim to exercise. I have proudly fough for my country in the skies over Kosovo, Irag and Afghanistan without regret. Though I may disagree wholeheartedly with your comments, I will defend to the death your right to say them, in America. But for you to travel to a foreign land and pulicly criticize our Commander in Chief is cowardice behavior. Would you have so willingly made those comments while performing for a patriotic, flag-waving crowd of Texans in Lubbock. I would imagine not. How dare you pocket the profits off songs about soldiers, their deaths and patriotism while criticizing their Commander in Chief abroad, even while they prepare to give their lives to ensure your own freedom of speech. Please ask yourself, what have you done to deserve that sacrifice? Do not try to justify your comments by claiming that you made them only because you care about innocent lives. Never once in our history have we commited troops to war for the purpose of taking innocent lives. We do it to protect innocent lives, even yours. The world leaders of the late 1930's had the vision and courage of our present Commander in Chief, perhaps the evil men that caused the death of millions in WWII would have never had the opportunity to harm a soul. The potential loss of millions of lives in the future at the hands of today's evil men necessitate action.

In a separate correspodence, I am returning to each and every Dixie Chicks CD and cassette that I have ever purchased. Never again will I allow my funds to support your behavior. All you have done is to add your name to a growing list of American "Celebrities" who have failed to realize that theyhave obtained their successes on the backs of the American blue-colliar workers such as our servicemen and women. To Natalie Maines: This Texan...this American will continue to risk his life to guarantee your freedom. What will you do to deserve it?

Tom, Dixie Chicks suck anyway Them and that fagot who wrote stupid white male or something like that. What a total dumbass. That is why I COPY DVD's and give them 0 cash. Never have never will. I need to watch Bill O' on FOX and see what he says. :-)

The New York Times March 25, 2003 Channels of Influence By PAUL KRUGMAN By and large, recent pro-war rallies haven't drawn nearly as many people as antiwar rallies, but they have certainly been vehement. One of the most striking took place after Natalie Maines, lead singer for the Dixie Chicks, criticized President Bush: a crowd gathered in Louisiana to watch a 33,000-pound tractor smash a collection of Dixie Chicks CD's, tapes and other paraphernalia. To those familiar with 20th-century European history it seemed eerily reminiscent of. . . . But as Sinclair Lewis said, it can't happen here. Who has been organizing those pro-war rallies? The answer, it turns out, is that they are being promoted by key players in the radio industry - with close links to the Bush administration. The CD-smashing rally was organized by KRMD, part of Cumulus Media, a radio chain that has banned the Dixie Chicks from its playlists

Originally posted by NSX_Dreamer:
Ditzy Chicks suck!!!

Suck what?
cool.gif

Back