• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

LoveFab Owners: I have a question.

xrc

Experienced Member
Primers,

I know there are many LoveFab NSX owners on here. Basically I would like to know how quick the turnaround time was from dropping your NSX off to picking your NSX up.

I am asking as it it going on 3 times the agreed time to complete my NSX. And honestly I am at ends meet, but I'll save that for another thread. Appreciate your time.

Thanks,
Jason

I have spoken with a few that has had their car with him a looooong time and they're not happy and are considering legal actions. I paid Cody $7500 for a ctsc system which included a comp tech engine cover. It took him some good time to send me my stuff but I have yet to receive my comptech engine cover and it has been since the beginning of this year. He has NOT responded to any of my PMs. I'm still waiting for him to make this right with me.

No issues 3x, first time for my initial Lovefab setup, second time for addition of meth, and most recently new engine and change to a smaller turbocharger. He also stopped by on the way home to road tune my car. I wasn't home when he came to pick up the car, my wife saw him on the road and commented to the kids, "Look, there is another blue NSX, wait, that is daddy's NSX" She fortunately got a hold of me because she was about to call the cops

SOS has always worked out great for me. I have 25k miles on my engine over 4 years with zero issues. My turbo install and engine build were done in a well communicated and timely manner. I could not be happier.

It now has been over two years.....there are no more excuses that I will accept from him since he is back from Pikes Peak. I am at the end of my patience with this. He told me that it will be done in the next two weeks. If it is not than no amount of excuses will keep this from legal action.

No issues 3x, first time for my initial Lovefab setup, second time for addition of meth, and most recently new engine and change to a smaller turbocharger. He also stopped by on the way home to road tune my car. I wasn't home when he came to pick up the car, my wife saw him on the road and commented to the kids, "Look, there is another blue NSX, wait, that is daddy's NSX" She fortunately got a hold of me because she was about to call the cops

That's great, since he just told me this week that your engine build was being put on hold for awhile. I hope he didn't use my internals on your motor like he has already done with other parts I paid for.

Na1mt,

I hope your situation get resolved. I thought three months was a long time, damn two years is on another level. Keep us updated.

Mine was a build that Cody did get out this year.

I complained in public and private about the delays too as it was frustrating to watch the shop move, dyno procurment/ install and PP teasers while waiting on my car.

However, since I got my car back I'm VERY pleased with the finished product. It's fast as crap- the first pull with a new passenger results in a laughing gas like event. It appears dependable too as evidenced by a 2 hour traffic delay after the last ALMS event at Mid-Ohio. Sitting dead still and barely creeping AND with a DF sealed up front end, the temp gauge never budged while creeping past other dead vehicles on the shoulders.

So to me it is clear that Cody CAN get the job done and build a fine unit. Now it appears that most business-related infrastructure for LoveFab are in place. What remains to be seen is how low is he willing to turn the heat down on his PP hobby? Did he get bit by the bug and will a 2013 run consume his bandwidth again? Is he business-savvy and mature enough that he will patch up the goose that lays the golden eggs? Will Tabitha get him straight? It's a soap opera thead that I'm subscribed to.

Other shops have various employees that do stuff but LoveFab is basically Cody. An owner of a larger shop can delegate builds and projects and go prepare and run PP but when Cody is focused on his hobby which I'll bet he rationalizes as marketing, no wrenches are getting turned. So you have what we have here.

I know firsthand that Cody CAN do the work, so then, does he WANT to do the work? I like Cody and am a witness to and a believer in what he can do to an NSX because he's a witch when it comes to that.

I hope that he focuses that ability on his business for a while and gets his business running like he did my NSX.

The Pikes Peak car is stuffed in the trailer, I don't want to look at that thing. It's caused nothing but strife since the beginning. We are committed to bring the thing to SEMA, but it's on our Sponsors dime, and all of our present work will be long-since completed by then. If we have too much work then, we won't go. We will simply slap the car on a transporter, and they can deal with it there.

That being said, I haven't woke up this excited to get to work in years. We returned to the shop after Pikes Peak and cleaned house for days. It's a joy to be in here now, and work is getting done at a faster pace than has happened in years - probably because Curt nailed it - I am actually working on customer's cars again, not just supervising, and QC'ing. Being "under the gun" has me excited to get the work done, and prove to not only the customers, but also the rest of the community that we will persevere and delivery great work despite the pressure.

NA1MT's car is under the knife, and should be out from surgery after this weekend. XRC's car has great progress as well, though it will be on pause until Ron's is done. Jason, you're getting an email shortly. I have been in constant contact with all existing customers.

Junior, I've responded to your PM. Please confirm the address, as it's been months since our last shipment, and I know there was an address change in there last time.

Till next time,

-Cody

Till this day, I still have not receive parts that he owed me since feb. has not returned my calls, emails, and texts and even on review post that I posted up. On top of me being patient and when I emailed him in march, that I wanted my parts that was owed to me, he threaten me that he would not send it if I was bugging him about the parts that HE OWES me!!!!!! He gives u the run around that he is going to finish it or send it. But actually, all he is really doing is stalling and buying time. I was told from another prime member that he reuses parts and makes the customer think that they are getting new ones. I don't expect him to even reply to this message also, But Cody, I hope u change ur ways of doing business!

Back