• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

LoveFab and Cody Loveland

xrc

Experienced Member
Introduction:

Primers, my name is Jason and to give you some background here: I have a 91 NSX w/ CTSC and supporting mods. I personally delievered my car to Codys new shop in Traverse City, Michigan on May 29th 2012.

Agreement: I paid all up front costs for his Lovefab GT series turbo kit with installation and tuning. This install would include removing my CTSC. Cody told me it would be done in 30 days and I could pick up my NSX. I have yet to receive a receipt for this!:mad:

- It's shameful to say or even point out that Cody put his personal endevours before his business and more importantly his loyal customers that have enabled him to have the reputation he currently has.

- Basically, my NSX sat in his shop for the first 2 1/2 - 3 months with no progress. Weeks would go by without hearing from him, yet would see forward progress on his Pikes Peak project via this forum or other avenues. It was dishearting to say the least and truly makes me question his integrity.

Work Completed:

1) CTSC removed.
2) Headers and exhaust removed.
3) Stock intake manifold bolted on with RC 750cc injectors.
4) Walbro 255gph fuel pump installed.
5) LoveFab headers built and mounted.

The above list is all that has been done in 4 months time.

Communication:

- Communication was great until after I paid Cody and dropped off my NSX. To this date, Cody have NEVER called me on the phone to provide me and update or to inform me that there has been serious delays.

- I mainly have communicated via e-mail and most of the time, I don't get a response for at least a week and have to send a follow up e-mail to make sure he is alive.

- Cody have never sought out to contact me on his own.

Bottom Line:

- I have zero trust in Cody Loveland, he has not delivered on any of his agreements with me. I know I am not alone in this ordeal as well. For anyone contemplating doing business with LoveFab, I would give it some hard thought before you send any sort of payment or your beloved NSX. At this point I am without my NSX, CTSC w/mods, and a lot of cash. Will Cody deliver...who knows, but it has been 400% of the agreed time and progress looks to be about 50% tops.

- I will continue to update this thread and thank you for your time.

Jason

Monthy Update:

Unfortunately, I do not believe my NSX is with Cody anymore. I have been requesting pictures of my NSX for two months now. When I do talk to Cody, he assures me that I will have them within the next day. Addtionally, same goes for the pictures of my CTSC, headers, exhaust, and misc parts; requested pictures of each two months ago with no action on Cody's end.

Work Completed Since September:

1) Picked up intercooler from powdercoaters.

- Wish I was joking here gents.

Communication:

- Cody did check in with me at least once a week until two weeks ago. All his updates to me described how he was moving to a new shop and work on my car was being halted. I have not heard from Cody since 11OCT.

- It seems that if you are local to Cody he will make some effort to complete your car. If you live far from Cody like myself, you will just get the run around, in my case; 5 months now!

Bottom Line:

- I no zero proof my NSX or my parts are with Cody. At this moment, I am out my NSX, CTSC, CT Headers, GTLW, and $$$$$. I intend on visiting Cody at his new location to get resolution on why he is conducting business with me in this matter.

Thank you for your time.
Jason

Jason I wanted to chime in and let you know you car and all parts have been at the shop and we did move to a new shop which took some time, see thread here: If you would like some proof please see the photos as your car is there. If there is ANYTHING I can do please feel free to message me and I can help out the best I can, I also sent you a PM as well. We apologize for the delays Jason.

Is that your car with the RPF01s?

LoveFab_Shop_5.jpg

Jason I wanted to chime in and let you know you car and all parts have been at the shop and we did move to a new shop which took some time, see thread here: If you would like some proof please see the photos as your car is there. If there is ANYTHING I can do please feel free to message me and I can help out the best I can, I also sent you a PM as well. We apologize for the delays Jason.

Matt,

5 months late to the game, would appreciate it GREATLY if you do not post in my thread. My business is with Cody and not anyone of his staff.

Jason

Monthly Update:

That time for another monthly update: My NSX has the LoveFab package installed and tuned (I will not discuss numbers or further details in this thread), from what I am tracking, the things left on the table are as follows (not much):

- Putting some miles on her to ensure everything remains tight.
- Oil catch can.
- Pictures (close ups) of my old parts.
- I owe Cody a boost gauge so he may install.

Cody has provided me pictures of the install, from what I can tell from the pictures is that everything is clean just how his customers describe. Once we was able to get hands on my NSX again, it seems he cranked out the exhaust (which I am impressed by the design), put everything together, then started tuning. Tuning did not seem to take long at all, seems like Cody has this part down to an art.

To be honest, I respect Cody's attention to detail as he caught a few minor issues and corrected them promptly. This attention to detail is what I find highly respectable on a personal level. Although I am eased that I have made it to this point, I will not be 100% until I get my NSX back along with my old parts if applicable.

At this time my best recommendation to Cody is to be upfront on how long the job will "realistically" take. If he told me from day one that I was looking at 6 months due to x, y, and z; I would have been easy going about it. My second recommendation for Cody is to keep improving your communication to your customers. Most customers want to hear news directly from the owner of LoveFab himself, unless they have personally met your customer service rep and are comfortable with that.

Thank you for your time.

Jason

I am set to personally deliver Jason's car shortly after Christmas.

Around 150 miles have been put on his car and it's running great! I'm looking forward to personally tuning the car while Jason drives the car near his home location, I just hope the weather cooperates while I'm out there.

The boost gauge has been installed, and the catch can is also being hammered out.

Jason requested an exhaust tip change after his last post, which we will have completed before this weekend.

In response to the six month turn-around, as discussed with Jason, WAY too much piled up. The Pikes peak race; then the race postponement, and couple that with the termination of my Tech, it just left way too much on my plate for a respectable turn-around. The offset of that is, the work was done right, and many previous issues were identified, and rectified. The car is now solid and ready for the long-haul. The power isn't too bad either ;)

I'm sure Jason will chime in shortly, when the car has been delivered.

Final Update:

Cody personally just completed his delivery of my car to my residence. We agreed upon a date that worked with both our schedules. My NSX was returned to me freshly detailed and thoroughly cleaned inside and out! We spent a few hours doing some street tuning to fine tune my NSX without any issues. I spent about an hour last night looking under the car and admiring Cody's attention to detail, I honestly cannot recall seeing better looking welds in my lifetime.

Communication between Cody and I has been awesome, he typically gets back to me in a matter of hours. I feel that Cody is a true professional at what he does and earlier like he mentioned just got caught up between customers cars and Pikes Peak. He described how his new shop is running more efficient and has much needed help...that is reliable. At this point he realizes the shortfalls he has previously made with communication and punctuality and has described his updated website with a customer progress tracking system that he plan to implement.

I will save details about the driving impressions for a later thread as I rather keep this strictly on subject. Bottom line is Cody went above and beyond to ensure my NSX was done right and to my requested specifications with ZERO corners cut (he even threw in a couple new products that he will be releasing shortly). This is very comforting and something you cannot put a price on. For any potential customers on the fence, I can tell you that your NSX will be cared for as it was Cody's personal NSX.

Thanks,
Jason

Back