Lotus TT v8 vs Lotus elise

ALLAN

Suspended
I finally got to run into my neighbor who owns a Lotus Elise today. He has been telling people he will beat my Diablo. Well, he couldnt beat my lotus, but ill say this, to 100mph that is one very quick little car! My lotus could pull him, but very slowly, and we were running huge speeds, like 140mph.

Id say it could beat any corvette c5, porsche 996, Nsx etc. I dont know if his car is stock, and i dont know much about those cars, but i guess there are a few different models, and he must have the fast one. I also heard there is a turbo kit for the car, that makes faster than a Mclaren F1.

Your neighbor clearly has a not stock Elise. There is a company who is installing a 200 hp motor from the Integra R into the car and of course with a turbo, this car would be a screamer.

Tim

hey allan can u drop me an email or post back up here? I've been looking into the possibilty of buying a 97 esprit v8 but have some concerns about reliabilty, i don't know anything about the car nor have i heard anything bad, but I know supercars in general aren't too reliable. the one i'm looking at has 20k miles on it already, do you think that's too much? is the maintenance and repair a huge ordeal? Thanks

Ive only had my Esprit for a few months now and i havent had any problems. Id rather have a 20,000 mile Esprit than a 2000 mile Esprit as every exotic that ive owned that has been driven has been trouble free. If you like the car buy it, and dont worry about what other people say, as most of it is heresay anyway.

hey allan, can you comment on the transmission for the lotus? i drove one about two months ago, 8kmiles 98, and i swear the old farm trucks we'd beat to hell and back with old raggedy transmissions were easier to find first gear than that lotus. i was really really surprised.

did i just get into a faulty transmission car? is this fairly common? (it was an esprit)

Honestly i have only driven one Lotus, and thats mine, and the tranny is just fine. The Nsx tranny is definately a smoother tranny, with a shorter shift, but i have no problems with the Lotus tranny.

Originally posted by ALLAN:
i found out that the Elise i raced has a 205hp Vtec motor, and a few weeks ago at the track he turned a 12.50 in the 1/4.

Damn, 205 hp with a 12.5, I knew that car was light, but how much does it weigh?
Do you know the MPH?

[This message has been edited by Syonara (edited 14 November 2002).]

That car is basically a track only car. It is not meant to be driven daily. It has no comfort items at all.

when i drive the 97 lotus it feels as it is geared like a mustang. I can't talk about allans lotus only about my one. do not get the lotus esprit as a daily drive the clutch alone will be enough for your left leg to be twice the size of your right one. i'm sorry this car is beautiiful in everyway except the tranny that is the bigest downfall.

Thats weird smoore, my clutch is like butter. The gas pedal feels stiffer. I agree that the tranny is not as nice as the nsx, although it is very easy and precise.

As for redline, its supposed to be 7200, although there are no markings. I usually shift at 7.

Back