Lost & Found !

Late 1995 - I was in my twenties and had a brand new NSX. Oh What A Feeling! But before I had time to enjoy it, I crashed and totaled my dream car in early 1996! I am really lucky to be alive and escaped unscathed from the crash. I was totally devastated.

Well I lead the next 10 years of my life in the most conventional and NSXless (i.e. boring) way. Worked hard, got married, started a business and had kids. NSX was forgoten!

Fast forward to 2006 - One day, i surfed the net and discovered nsxprime. I was browsing the pages of nsxprime when i saw a picture of a familiar looking NSX. Upon closer examination, i discovered that it was the nsx that i crashed. It is all repaired and fixed now but sadly no longer the pristine car I used to drive.

I felt sad but somehow my feeling for the NSX was rekindled. So I spent the next few months looking for a second hand NSX. It was the longest few months of my life. NSX's are hard to come by in Malaysia. Only a few are imported by grey importers. Those offered for sale are either overpriced or in bad shape.

So I consoled myself by browsing nsxprime everynight. Reading up on NSX and looking forafter market parts which I will purchase and install on my NSX once i get my hands on one.

The search continues until a few days ago. Found a 91' AT one owner with only 26,000 kilometres on the odometer! Got a mechanic to inspect it and found out that the engine, interior and body are in very good condition. The only problems are the power steering, power window and air condition. The arms of the hood, boot and engine cover are not functioning. The only modifications on the car are air filter, eibach springs and SPOON speedometer.

Placed a deposit on the car today but delivery is only possible in 10 days time. Oh What A Feeling! Cant wait to get my hands on the car and start fixing it.

Hopefully, this time round i will have more time to enjoy my nsx!!!

I don't believe that the 91 NSX came with power steering. That option became available on later model years. Congratulations on your rediscovered "NSX passion" and glad to have you as a fellow owner once again. :cool: :biggrin:

Bob

Bob Kenney said:
I don't believe that the 91 NSX came with power steering. That option became available on later model years. Congratulations on your rediscovered "NSX passion" and glad to have you as a fellow owner once again. :cool: :biggrin:

Bob
If his car is an automatic tranny, which is what i think he meant by "AT", then it does have power steering. All autos came with PS.

Good to hear that, and congratulations on your purchase!
Maybe when I get a chance to go to KL for business trip next time, then I can see an NSX there .. :-) ..
Cheers .. Gus

Good story and welcome back. Why the choice of auto over stick though? Did you total your car back in the 90's and someone rebuilt it, was it salveageable or should it really of been totalled? Wonder if the new owner knows all of this?

It is good to have a great car and be part of a friendly community! I really feel i belong here.

"Good story and welcome back. Why the choice of auto over stick though? Did you total your car back in the 90's and someone rebuilt it, was it salveageable or should it really of been totalled? Wonder if the new owner knows all of this?"

- Sticks are hard to come by in Malaysia. New owner is a business partner of my dad. He knows about the crash and bought the car off the insurance company.

"Maybe when I get a chance to go to KL for business trip next time, then I can see an NSX there .. :-) ..
Cheers .. Gus"

- PM me the next time u r making a trip to KL. I'll be glad to show you around.

Maybe I shouldn't have waited 10 years to get another nsx. Well better late than never.

chumch said:
If his car is an automatic tranny, which is what i think he meant by "AT", then it does have power steering. All autos came with PS.
correct.

Great to heard that you finally found one in place where NSX is so rare. Not like USA, they have so many to choose. Which side do you drive in Malaysia? Why not import an used one? Even in HK it is very difficult to find one, because there is less than 100.....

EK4 hatchback said:
Great to heard that you finally found one in place where NSX is so rare. Not like USA, they have so many to choose. Which side do you drive in Malaysia? Why not import an used one? Even in HK it is very difficult to find one, because there is less than 100.....

Malaysia is like Hong Kong, we drive on the left side and our cars are right hand drive. Legacy of the British. Cant import cars into Malaysia unless one has an approved permit, normally given to well connected native malaysians. I am thinking of modifying my car, is it easy to get parts for nsx in Hong Kong? Can you PM me some of the website for nsx parts especially header, exhaust and wheels? Is it cheaper to get parts from Hong Kong compared to Japan and USA? How is the range of nsx parts in Hong Kong?

Back