Looking to purchase my first NSX!

Hello everyone! My name is Travis and I am looking to step up in the car finally! I have spend the last 7 or so years now building and having fun with my 92 Honda Prelude. It has been my pride and joy for so long and I have learned a TON doing things to it. I am about to finish it up for the last time and enjoy it as a show car. I have wanted an NSX for a long time now. I have also contemplated getting a Supra but to me it just doesn't have the class that an NSX has. Next spring (May) I am going to pull the trigger on an NSX and I cant describe how excited I am about it already! For the time being I am going to do as much research and searching for the "perfect" NSX as possible. I really cant wait to officially be a part of this community. It has been a long road for me in my Lude' and I really cant justify spending any more money on it. I also have a 00 Civic hatchback as a daily. I have a $35k limit that id like to spend and it seems like its a good number for the earlier years. The thing is I already know im going to want to put some form of FI kit on it since my Prelude has been Built and Boosted at a couple points of its existence and boy it is an addiction. I have no problem going to any part of the U.S. to purchase one and I am not at all picky about the color although I do think the Yellow is absolutely beautiful.

Any recommendations? Tips? Anyone els here happen to own a Prelude at some point? I cant wait to keep browsing and learning on this forum. Thanks for reading guys!

read this

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/viewall.html

good luck on the search.

- - - Updated - - -

I purchased a 2001 Prelude a few months ago and havent even driven it yet LOL had the previous owner drive it to my shop and thats were it sits LOL cool looking car not sure why i even bought it

- - - Updated - - -

But I use to want to die for the 4WS 94-95 or even the 1989 4WS yellow those were so cool I still might get one one day I am def getting the 95 4WS 5 speed. prob swap to a 6-speed form some other car maybe a TSX transmission

5-time ex-Prelude owner here: one 2nd gen, and four 3rd gens. Great cars. Post pics of your 4th gen sometime. Good luck on your NSX search! I was a member here for over 5 years doing my research before I finally bit the bullet and bought the car. Haven't looked back since. You're gonna love it. Welcome.

read this

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/includes/htup_0810_acura_nsx_buyers_guide/viewall.html

good luck on the search.

- - - Updated - - -

I purchased a 2001 Prelude a few months ago and havent even driven it yet LOL had the previous owner drive it to my shop and thats were it sits LOL cool looking car not sure why i even bought it

- - - Updated - - -

But I use to want to die for the 4WS 94-95 or even the 1989 4WS yellow those were so cool I still might get one one day I am def getting the 95 4WS 5 speed. prob swap to a 6-speed form some other car maybe a TSX transmission

I read that article. Seems like theres a bit to know about the NSX. I definitely learned a couple things but fortunately I am in the auto body business and I have a keen eye for certain things. I definitely dont want to buy a car that needs any amount of work thus I set a 35$k limit. I love every generation of Preludes and wish I owned one of each! Haha. A buddy of mine used to have a 92 4ws. It was tits.

5-time ex-Prelude owner here: one 2nd gen, and four 3rd gens. Great cars. Post pics of your 4th gen sometime. Good luck on your NSX search! I was a member here for over 5 years doing my research before I finally bit the bullet and bought the car. Haven't looked back since. You're gonna love it. Welcome.

My Prelude is nearing the end of the project phase so Ill post a couple pics of how she looks and what ive been up to.

Here is my fully rebuilt H22. I have had a couple things freshly powdercoated since this photo but I still wanted to post this anyways
4.png~original

Here is a pic from before I started this extensive engine and engine bay project. I also have new wheels since this photo but the body is still the same. s2000 retrofits and pretty much all JDM parts (headlights, visors, interior, ect)
lude.png~original

And here is how she sits right now at my shop
[/img]http://imageshack.us/a/img692/151/vnsf.png[/img]

Hello everyone! My name is Travis and I am looking to step up in the car finally! I have spend the last 7 or so years now building and having fun with my 92 Honda Prelude. It has been my pride and joy for so long and I have learned a TON doing things to it. I am about to finish it up for the last time and enjoy it as a show car. I have wanted an NSX for a long time now. I have also contemplated getting a Supra but to me it just doesn't have the class that an NSX has. Next spring (May) I am going to pull the trigger on an NSX and I cant describe how excited I am about it already! For the time being I am going to do as much research and searching for the "perfect" NSX as possible. I really cant wait to officially be a part of this community. It has been a long road for me in my Lude' and I really cant justify spending any more money on it. I also have a 00 Civic hatchback as a daily. I have a $35k limit that id like to spend and it seems like its a good number for the earlier years. The thing is I already know im going to want to put some form of FI kit on it since my Prelude has been Built and Boosted at a couple points of its existence and boy it is an addiction. I have no problem going to any part of the U.S. to purchase one and I am not at all picky about the color although I do think the Yellow is absolutely beautiful.

Any recommendations? Tips? Anyone els here happen to own a Prelude at some point? I cant wait to keep browsing and learning on this forum. Thanks for reading guys!

Stick with the NSX brother, I have an original 93 Supra TT and will be getting rid of her shortly for an NSX. Keep in mind that the NSX is a totally different ballgame than the Supra. Yes, Supras will be faster than NSX's ALL DAY. Having said that, the Supra is a little boys car at the end of the day and an NSX is a mans car (IMO). One doesn't need 1000+ HP to enjoy a car, automotive enthusiasm isn't about having a constant pissing match with everyone on the street! I'm relatively new to learning about NSX's (that's why I'm here), but I can pretty surely say that a 2JZ is easier to work on and do crazy HP engine builds than the NSX.
Anyways, sorry for the rant. Good luck finding your NSX :)

Welcome .. it appears you're new here on Prime and you may not be aware of the NSX Wiki yet which can be reached from the red action bar at the top of most pages. One of the sections has a collection of information specifically for someone who is considering a purchase .. but you might also be interested in some of the other sections on modifications and maintenance. Good luck with your search.

Loved my 92 prelude. Here's a picture I took shortly before selling the car with over 100k on the clock.

bluecar1.jpg

The Prelude is one of the big reasons I moved to the NSX.

A budget is good, but finding a solid car is more important than finding a solid price. Factor in work that may be required on "budget" cars to bring them up to snuff when comparing them to more costly cars. If you like yellow, you are gong to be looking at 97+ which can run in to the 40s. Here's a handy bit of info on what NSXs are out there and available (http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers)

Back