Looking to own

Just wanted to say HI! and nice site, i'm looking around at a few different NSX's-NSX-i? lol Alittle bit of history i am 25, a Police officer, some car history since last year 04 Supercharged Azure Blue mustang,1995 Toyota Supra,2005 640HP STi(still own attempting to sell to buy nsx).

I guess my only real question off the top of my head is is there much of noticeable difference between the 3.0 and 3.2?

Last edited:
the 6 speed transmission came with the 3.2 liter engine. the five speed transmission has a long second gear and the 6 speed is a big improvement in my opinion

After 25 years of handing out speeding tickets, a police officer is not allowed to own an NSX. Go buy a Prius, and drive it like a Grandma, as you have expected all of us to do all these years. :tongue:

i think the 5-speed has a smoother shift feel than the 6-speed.2nd gear ratio was lowered in 95 .

lol sorry i am 25 not 25 yrs of experience i'm on 3rd year, 2nd generation cop tho.. and so cal i knew about the 6 speed, eternally is there any difference other then displacement. As far as driving slow i dont even stop ppl until they are 15 over and usually they dont get a ticket.. I'm more of patrol cop then traffic, i love running,fighting, etc...

I think largely most people will agree that there is a significant increase in performance with the 3.2.

A few simple mods will get the 3.0 near it, but the 3.2 will still be the quicker of the two.

However whether its enough to justify the increase in price, is a bit debatable.

Now I drive daily my 1992 3.0L 5 speed,
I resently purchased a 2002 flew to california and drove it back to tampa.

2.5 days on the road so its fresh in my mind.

now what I noticed on the difference of engine and tranny is

2002 def more pick-up than my 92, now the 2002 had test pipes and Pride exhaust so that may have had something to do with it.

I am not use to the 6th gear so at times I was shifting to 4th instead of 6th. scared to pull it down and not wanting to hit Reverse, I know it has lockout noid.

but getting use to the 6th gear was easy.

the 6th gear dropped the RPM's down to about 3K at 65-70mph if i remember correctly.

the EPS was the bomb. I will be putting this in my 92 this week.

my 2 cents

Last edited:
There's a noticable difference if you drive the two back to back.
Back when I bought my 1995 the premium to own a similar mileage 1997 with the 3.2L motor was about $6,000. I just couldn't justify that difference. I'd rather put that money toward a Supercharger. :biggrin:

Anyway, I haven't been looking much, but what's the difference now? Say between a 1995/96 and a 1997-2001 with similar mileage?

If you're coming from 600+ HP, a few HP isn't going to make a difference. Don't limit yourself as you'll most likely FI it in the future...

In the future i do plan on supercharging one if god wills it for me to have one. I know a nsx will feel slow but dear god the fact every time i look it i want to have relations with it will make up for that..

I know a nsx will feel slow but dear god the fact every time i look it i want to have relations with it will make up for that..

You are a real Car Crazy guy :biggrin:, hope you'll get your NSX soon.

In the future i do plan on supercharging one if god wills it for me to have one. I know a nsx will feel slow but dear god the fact every time i look it i want to have relations with it will make up for that..

Driving it will sell it. The NSX is the most driver engaging car I've ever driven.

If you are planning on going the FI route, the 5-speed would most likely be better for you. Get headers and an exhaust and you will close the gap on the HP between the 3.2 and the 3.0. If you look at the exhaust manifolds you will understand why.

Targa is a whole different question...

You are a real Car Crazy guy :biggrin:, hope you'll get your NSX soon.

Yeah i am lol i've always told my buddies if i saw a NSX at a car show i'd goto jail. I ve only seen one on person i was on my motorcycle he was on the opposet side of the highway but i turned completly around to watch it go by lol. I can honestly say i've owned my fair share of nice cars tho, 2005 Cyrsler Crossfire bought with 17k sold with 31K, 2004 Procharged Mach 1 http://youtu.be/944cya5wfPk ,1995 Supra (all drag roll cage etc.. high 10s),2005 Sti,http://youtu.be/0Xv7Tucl5Vs

The one i really had my heart on sold.. Dang it i want a Blk one so bad.. and was checking out autotrader today and saw this..... http://showroom.auction123.com/denn...ry/7821/1991/Acura/NSX/JH4NA1152MT001964.html... wow.. is all i can say.. if he would knock it down to like 20k maybe but i'd to take some much out/off....

Last edited:
now the next question is do you want a coupe or a nsx-t

now during my 2.5 day adventure I drove with the top off for about 3 exits. windy, my hair was all over the place, no air conditioning,
and the smell of other people's gas and smoke from their crappy cars.

the radio at full blast and those 180Watts of pure bose power did nothing.

I put the top back on and never took it off again.

the option to take if off is cool though.

now the next question is do you want a coupe or a nsx-t

now during my 2.5 day adventure I drove with the top off for about 3 exits. windy, my hair was all over the place, no air conditioning,
and the smell of other people's gas and smoke from their crappy cars.

the radio at full blast and those 180Watts of pure bose power did nothing.

I put the top back on and never took it off again.

the option to take if off is cool though.

Shawn, your a hater lol. You loved every second of that exhaust with the roof off and in socal, its bad a$$ to roll topless. The stereo is a little quiet with the roof off but it not about the loud music at that point........oh and the smell was probably the test pipes. I started the 04 today....OMG, that exhaust gas just flew out of the back and that was just at 4k rpm.

To the op, if it is an option and you are in socal, get a 97 up with the bigger engine and 6 speed or get a 91 and mod it all up.

Back