Looking to get my first NSX

Im looking to get my first NSX in the next 3 to 6 months. I have been reading this forum for the last 6 months and it is very informative. I would like some advise on what year would be the best to get. Im planing on getting the Basch SC for it. Thanks for the help.

I think people can provide better feedback if you provide more details in terms of what you're look for in the car, what you want to do with it, price range...etc.

Want to spend the least money? Get a '91-94.

Want to get a removable roof? Get a '95+.

Want to get a little more performance and willing to spend $8-10K more to get it? Get a '97+.

Check out the changes by year in the FAQ, and the pricing section too. That should give you a start.

Oh...and it has to be red.
It just does, okay?!

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:

Want to get a little more performance and willing to spend $8-10K more to get it? Get a '97+.

Check out the changes by year in the FAQ, and the pricing section too. That should give you a start.

Yep...couldn't agree more. To expound IMO; '94 for the upgrades, skip '95-96 for added weight, if possible go straight to the '97+. Happy hunting!!

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

I would like a light car. Early coupe. So is there any big advantages to a 91 vs 92, 93, 94, 95 It looks like there pretty much the same in power. Is there one better then the other for engine mods. Rims will be after market and Suspension will be upgraded as well. So is there any year thats more mod friendly then others? Thanks

Originally posted by kevs4:
I would like a light car. Early coupe. So is there any big advantages to a 91 vs 92, 93, 94, 95

Don't get a '95 since it didn't come as a coupe.

Is there one better then the other for engine mods.[/QUOTE]

No.

Here's a weird one for you:
smile.gif

It's one of those strange little things I know, but I like the look of the slightly modernized 1994+ instrument cluster fonts/lettering over the 91-93 cars.

But a great benefit of staying with a 91 is that you avoid most of the snap ring cars (way more 92s) as well as the passenger side airbag weight (no passenger airbags in 91 cars).

Things to consider.

Originally posted by MAKO:
passenger side airbag weight (no passenger airbags in 91 cars).

Anyone who might ride in your passenger seat might prefer that you buy a '93 or later car, for the exact same reason. Who knows - there might even be owners here who care about the safety of the people who ride in their passenger seat.

Anyone who might ride in your passenger seat might prefer that you buy a '93 or later car, for the exact same reason. Who knows - there might even be owners here who care about the safety of the people who ride in their passenger seat.

Great point! I considered this very issue. Boy, what a terrible thing if I was to wreck with my wife or another loved one; and if there was a passenger airbag......well you know. I don't even want to say it...but what a nightmare that would be. I would never be able to forgive myself for endangering a loved one's well-being for a couple lbs?

------------------
Todd E. Williams

Question - I am well versed on the advantages of the 3.2 car over the 3.0, but if you plan to SC the car, does the advantage significantly diminish? The FAQ doesnt seem to cover this. In other words, is the performance of a SC '97 over a SC '95 equivalent to the advantage if the car is not modded, is the extra $$ spent on the '97 (the 6-spd, etc) "worth it"?

Thanks in advance, -t

Originally posted by Timbo:
Question - I am well versed on the advantages of the 3.2 car over the 3.0, but if you plan to SC the car, does the advantage significantly diminish? The FAQ doesnt seem to cover this. In other words, is the performance of a SC '97 over a SC '95 equivalent to the advantage if the car is not modded, is the extra $$ spent on the '97 (the 6-spd, etc) "worth it"?

Thanks in advance, -t
Damn that's a good question...can't wait for an answer...NSXTACY? LUD? Anyone...anyone..

------------------
Todd E. Williams

I would guess that a supercharged 3.2-liter '97+ would have more hp (hopefully at least 20 more) than a supercharged 3.0-liter '91-96, but I'm not absolutely sure.

In any case, it would also have the six-speed transmission, which is preferable to the five-speed.

I agree.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Back