Looking to buy or build an NSX for NASA Honda Challenge

I"ve always absolutely loved the NSX...I"ve been racing a 944 turbo in NASA for the past two years and I really think I want to get into an NSX. Do any of you have a build plan for the perfect Honda Challenge car...I'd like to stay N/A and want a reliable bullet proof car...I'm open to any and all articles, builds, websites that discuss something along these lines.

Use the search feature and look up posts about the DAL racing effort.Many good discussions about racing these cars.

Use the search feature and look up posts about the DAL racing effort.Many good discussions about racing these cars.

I spent 30 min or so digging around...I'd appreciate a link...I'm the first to do a search to avoid wasting anyones time but I haven't found a race car build thread yet...mods here and there, that's it.

Last I read, Andrie and team were in the process of buidling an NSX for HC competition. I'd PM here or on Honda-Tech (look for his posts in the RR/AX forum) as I don't think he peruses this forum all that much.

Even more so, take a look at ncdogdoc's build. It's being prepped for ECHC...either H1 or unlimited from what it sounds like.

Good luck!

I'm dieing laughing right now...someone responded to my post and offered me an NSX that would be perfect for a track car...it consisted of an NSX with no interior, supercharged motor that needs rebuilt, no body panels...yes he sold them cause he planned on buying a widebody kit. so basically a monocoque with a blown supercharged motor...and i'm sure the tranny is fine (read sarcasm) for the low low price of 28K...you got to be kidding me...a local guy here has an almost showroom and stock NSX for sale at 28K...I couldn't even believe it wasn't a joke...i actually think he even had trouble saying it out load...I just thanked him and hung up. Wow, made my day though...that's good stuff.

Ok...guess we had a misunderstanding over the phone...he called me back...they just added the supercharger but haven't tuned it...i understood added it and blew it...and they sold the body but purchases a used body that's a different color...sorry guys, complete misunderstanding...actually a nice setup.

Call Acura of Brookfield and speak to John Vasos. They have built a couple of SCCA GT2 class NSX race cars and used to do a lot of work with Realtime.

Negative Ghostrider, a gentlemen in Tulsa bought it a few months ago. Sounded good in the shop parking lot but I don't think it's been on track yet.

Back