Looking to buy NSX soon... Questions..

I have been obsessing over an NSX for many years now.

After some upgrades, my 2001 IS300 has been turned into sweet BMW killer...

Anyways.. My lease finishes in about 6 months on my IS300 which I've had for about 3 years. This car has been great to me with NO problems whatsoever. I just really want to finally own the car of my dreams! I thought I can get an everyday car like a 95 Accord or Legend but for my night & weekend car, I want an NSX.

Few questions.. I really wanted a 97 due to the 290HP 3.0 and 6-Speed... However, I think that will be too expensive for me! BTW I'm 24 yrs old.

Is it safe to buy a 91 even with low mileage due to the snap ring issue and 91 being the first year of production? :rolleyes:

I at least want the 95 due to the T-Tops.. what year does the headlamp design change into projection headlights? 1995?

If I would like to spend no more than $35k, can I get a nice 95 NSX-T with under 50k miles? or 94?

I've test drove a 92 5-speed and a 93 5-speed and both felt just soooooo nice.. With an NSX, a remote starter and radar dectors are a must!

Feel free to share ANY and ALL opinions.. Thanks in advance.

IS300nowNSXsoon said:
I have been obsessing over an NSX for many years now.

After some upgrades, my 2001 IS300 has been turned into sweet BMW killer...

Anyways.. My lease finishes in about 6 months on my IS300 which I've had for about 3 years. This car has been great to me with NO problems whatsoever. I just really want to finally own the car of my dreams! I thought I can get an everyday car like a 95 Accord or Legend but for my night & weekend car, I want an NSX.

Few questions.. I really wanted a 97 due to the 290HP 3.0 and 6-Speed... However, I think that will be too expensive for me! BTW I'm 24 yrs old.

Is it safe to buy a 91 even with low mileage due to the snap ring issue and 91 being the first year of production? :rolleyes:

I at least want the 95 due to the T-Tops.. what year does the headlamp design change into projection headlights? 1995?

If I would like to spend no more than $35k, can I get a nice 95 NSX-T with under 50k miles? or 94?

I've test drove a 92 5-speed and a 93 5-speed and both felt just soooooo nice.. With an NSX, a remote starter and radar dectors are a must!

Feel free to share ANY and ALL opinions.. Thanks in advance.

it is safe to buy a 91... only a percentage of trannys 91-92 had the snap ring issue.

as far as the 95's go, i have noticed pricing for 95's around $40k with around 50k miles but maybe you can find a deal. i'm not sure what you mean by projection headlamps... if you mean pop-up headlights, i think the design changed in 02'.

btw, you modded a lease car? are the mods reversable? i would think they frown upon that when you turn the lease car back in.

Mods are reversible.. I can either undo them and sell them.. or sell the car with the mods before the lease ends. They dont care if I give it back with the mods still on.

By Projection.. I mean popup .. but the upgraded popups.. with the nicer headlamps.. projection style.

IS300nowNSXsoon said:
I really wanted a 97 due to the 290HP 3.0 and 6-Speed...
Is it safe to buy a 91 even with low mileage due to the snap ring issue and 91 being the first year of production?
... what year does the headlamp design change into projection headlights? 1995?

Either you made a simple mistake in the "3.0" quote, or you need to visit the FAQ's. In fact, because of your other questions, you had best do some reading in this section of nsx prime.

In response to your question, It depends on the market where you are located, and how motivated the sellers are, and what your expectations are about the condition of the car. I just paid $34.5K for a clean 1-owner '95 NSX-T in San Diego, with 49K miles on it.

But I was deciding and negotiating between 6 currently available '94-'97 cars, and there were another 10-12 that I'd have looked at if I had bothered to travel up to the L.A. area. The need for that trip was negated when the owner of one of the nicer San Diego cars accepted my aggressive offer.

Re: Re: Looking to buy NSX soon... Questions..

KGP said:
Either you made a simple mistake in the "3.0" quote, or you need to visit the FAQ's. In fact, because of your other questions, you had best do some reading in this section of nsx prime.

now is definitely a buyers market... since the ecnomy is still in a recession and more people getting laid off. people will get desperate and sell their cars lower. depending on how bad they need the $. :(

Looking to buy NSX soon...

IS300nowNSXsoon,
When looking for a NSX you have to determine what is important to you, if you really want a T then you have to look at 95 and newer. For $35K your probably not going to find any 97(changes are 3.2L and 6 speed). If your patient you might find a 95, but may have high miles. If T is not that important for you then I would really consider a 91-94 you could find many in great condition for that price range, there are really no difference in 91-94 except for passenger airbag in 93. I wouldn't be too concerned with snap ring, just make sure that the transmission # doesn't fall in the range and some has had the snap ring fixed. The look is the same for all years except in '02 came out with fixed lights. If your into modifying 91-94 is probably a good way to go. Coupes are stiffer than the T, although in 97 they stiffened it up more than the 95T.

Paul

Back