Looking to buy my 1st NSX??

Hey guys, im new to this forum and im thinking about picking up an NSX
Are there things i should look for in my decision? (heard about spring snap?)
What's the difference between the 91-? compared the the 05? (looks,bodystyle, and Hp)
Only difference i know is the headlights but nothing else, and think they increased HP? I have one im looking at now that's an 96 with 30k miles. I just dont know what to ask or look for? I always wanted to add this car to my Z32TT and VR-4

Thanks

The big difference was in 97 when they bumped the engine from 3.0 to 3.2 and added a six speed transmission. The 1991 - 1994 cars are all hard tops, however from 1995 on most of the cars are NSX-T's. The T added several hundred pounds of weight. This means that the 1995 and 1996 cars have the extra weight without the additional horsepower. If you like the T a 95 or 96 can be a very good deal. If you want more performance get a 91 - 94 or 97+.

There is a price guide and lots of additional info in the FAQ.

scrilla said:
Hey guys, im new to this forum and im thinking about picking up an NSX
Are there things i should look for in my decision? (heard about spring snap?)
What's the difference between the 91-? compared the the 05? (looks,bodystyle, and Hp)
Only difference i know is the headlights but nothing else, and think they increased HP? I have one im looking at now that's an 96 with 30k miles. I just dont know what to ask or look for? I always wanted to add this car to my Z32TT and VR-4

Thanks

Welcome!

Read the FAQ, it'll have a LOT of information there, then feel free to ask some more specific questions.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/faq.htm

Everything you need to know about buying an NSX is there! And any holes in info can be filled by the incredible wealth of knowlege on the forums. It's how I (and MANY others) learned the basics of NSX ownership.

Good luck!

-Josh

what ever you get, you'll love it.

Yes, the FAQ section will be the most valuable tool online. You can see the changes by model year and what to look for.

Most importantly, find a clean car, have a PPI, and get maintenance records! One or two owners is best, and a complete paper trail history of its life. That's what I went for.

Remember, the 97+ cars will be more expensive due to the changes in engine and trans. In 2002 the major change was the lights. I went with a one owner 95 Targa with records on paper all the way from 95 through the day I bought it.

b

Back