Looking to buy a Blue NSX JH4NA2168XT000126

I have been looking for a Blue NSX 97-01 for a while now , and currently have my eye on a couple. One is a 1999 MCB VIN JH4NA2168XT000126 that is currently listed on Prime. This vehicle is located near Pheonix AZ., and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a mechanic or dealer in that area that could do a pre-sale inspection for me?
What do you think of the price for this vehicle?
Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking to buy a Blue NSX

Basch Acura Service
4202 E. McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85008
602-244-8010
[email protected]

Contact Mark Basch. I have personally used Basch Acura service to PPI an NSX that I purchased in AZ and was very satisfied with the report. However, I do believe he has relocated his shop recently. Maybe some other members can chime in to disclose his current shop location. Good luck hunting.

Basch Acura Service
4202 E. McDowell Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85008
602-244-8010
[email protected]

Contact Mark Basch. I have personally used Basch Acura service to PPI an NSX that I purchased in AZ and was very satisfied with the report. However, I do believe he has relocated his shop recently. Maybe some other members can chime in to disclose his current shop location. Good luck hunting.

A physical report? Some of us were less fortunate. Mark failed to disclose certain aspects of the PPI. Small things, such as a aftermarket clutch, abnormal tire wear, etc... :redface:

If you ask me, I will recommend someone else for a PPI.

Good luck on your search.

Actually, the vehicle was currently being maintained at Basch and Mark performed a courtesy PPI of the vehicle in terms of the maintenance history, current condition of the vehicle and areas of concern. Its unfortunate that you did not have a satisficatory experience with them, however as you stated, it seems your concerns were rather, "small" and don't feel this is a legtimate reason to not use his service. But that is your opinion, I have mine.

however as you stated, it seems your concerns were rather, "small" and don't feel this is a legtimate reason to not use his service. But that is your opinion, I have mine.

Actually, i was being sarcastic when I said "small." I've talked about this and my not receiving an actual PPI report, in the Az section. I'm sure with any service oriented business, experience varies from person to person, you say Potato, I say...well, not much else to say. :tongue:

Op,

Have you consider to ask a local Prime member to do an initial inspection?

I know the MCBlue car... It is cle-e-a-n and pretty much stock. Consciensious owner. Got originally in FLA, I believe. Surprised he's letting go of her... Anyway...

Mark Basch's new shop info...

Basch Accurate Service
2824 E Washington
Phoenix AZ, 85034
602.267.9012 (new)
480.968.8010 (old # bridged to new #)

I spoke with Mark last week. He's been officially open about a week. Started build-out/move back in October, so I figure he's been stretched. He mentioned he lost his email strings/archives during the move to his new shop which put him behind in a lot of communication. Give him a buzz at his new number though, I'm sure he will work out something satisfactorily for you.

If you prefer though, there are two other great shops in neighboring Tempe:

Advanced Automotive Performance
Jim Cozzolino (owner), Brandon Bond (Tech)
480.966.1660; and

Science of Speed ['nuff said on their extreme capabilities...whoa!]
Chris Wilson (Owner)

I'll bet like any owner in Phoenix metro area, Mark (the MCBlue owner) has visited them all, in fact I saw him at AAP a week or so ago, but all 3 shops extremely capable and great at what they do...

I think I pretty much live in NSX (owner) Heaven for hop shops!! Q-D :cool:

Any of you Phoenix area guy know whatever happen to Randy Machetti (sp?) of RM Racing?? I think he was in the Scottsdale area. His was a great NSX after-market shop back in the late 90's as I recall?

-Wick

In fact...
Photo of run into the mountains I met Mark on in May... and... 1st Tech Day at AAP back in December... Best of luck Otoro, I don't think you'd be disappointed. :biggrin: Tim

Attachments

• 99MCBlue01.jpg
    99MCBlue01.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 99MCBlue02.jpg
    99MCBlue02.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 51

Any of you Phoenix area guy know whatever happen to Randy Machetti (sp?) of RM Racing?? I think he was in the Scottsdale area. His was a great NSX after-market shop back in the late 90's as I recall?

-Wick

I know some of his work is still rolling around PHX... I'll inquire...

Back